All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Thanks for the quick reply. Good to know about the anchors or lack thereof so... check... one potential problem solved.

The view (tv show) I don't watch so no, that's not what I was referring to.......LOL. So, I take it the view from the front of the ship is pretty awesome.

Now I wonder about the ship movement and the staterooms being so far forward, but the Caribbean is known for mostly calm waters so I don't think this will be a problem plus the stablizers will help keep the ship pretty even as far as excessive movement. Most of our cruises have been starboard aft and we didn't experience too much rolling.....well, maybe once, but so did everyone else.

We are planning to be on FOS on the Oct 5, 2008 sailing. I am looking at a Promenade Room (overlooks the Promenade). Is deck 6 too low? Are you basically at the same height as people walking on the Promenade? I don't want them to block my view of the parades and stuff because people are standing right outside my window. . . Would Deck 7 be better?

We are planning to be on FOS on the Oct 5, 2008 sailing. I am looking at a Promenade Room (overlooks the Promenade). Is deck 6 too low? Are you basically at the same height as people walking on the Promenade? I don't want them to block my view of the parades and stuff because people are standing right outside my window. . . Would Deck 7 be better?

The Promenade is Deck 5. You will definitely not have people standing on the Promenade blocking your view. We are in a deck 6 PR this coming November on Liberty, and we're sooo looking forward to it! :)

Okay... just to add some "flavor", color.... here are three pictures... one of the ship, one of the Promenade and one of the dining rooms.

Hope you are doing well Harry and Doris. Surely enjoyed cruising with you on the Liberty, last October. We'll be sailing on the Freedom this October. Hope all is going well for you.. Take care...

You should join the FOS 10/05/2008 thread. Lots of cool folks already hanging out there. You'll have fun!!:p

The only people standing outside your window are:

People who are 16 feet tall.

People who can fly.

People on stilts.

The Royal Promenade is on deck five. The cabins that look DOWN on the Royal Promenade are on decks six, seven and eight.

However, if you are in the "moo suite" (which is on deck six) then your view will be blocked by the southern end of two north facing cows. However, you do get free ice cream.

Well, we just booked our FOS cruise for Feb 28, 2010!!! A really long time to wait!! But at least we have a trip to St John's next April to help break up the time. This is going to be the 3rd sailing of the It's 5 o'clock somewhere group. Our last cruise in March we had 26 people and I'm sure we will have just as many, if not more on this one. I was lucky to be able to get a JS on deck 10 aft!!! Our good friends booked the one next to us and my brother and SIL got the D1 on the other side. If the prices drop we might move up to a GS. Had one last cruise and really got spoiled!!

tonight thursday 5th june...

UK members

on national geographic sky channel 526 at 9pm...

freedom of the seas 2006/2007 new years cruise....

for people who have little idea of the insides of this class of ship it's worth a watch.... especially for the kids amongst us ;)

Question. Is there any adult only pools? I know on princess the aft pool and the spa pool are adults only. Also, with disembarkation.. you cannot stay in your room until your letter/number is called?

This will be my first RCI cruise and just trying to get the facts to be prepared so when we get on the ship, we will not be disappointed on some differences. Thanks

Question. Is there any adult only pools? I know on princess the aft pool and the spa pool are adults only. Also, with disembarkation.. you cannot stay in your room until your letter/number is called?

This will be my first RCI cruise and just trying to get the facts to be prepared so when we get on the ship, we will not be disappointed on some differences. Thanks

yes there is a adult pool and the disembarkation you can not stay in you room but are these ships they alot off bars they you could stay at and let me tell you gonna have fun on this cruise you gonna be on the biggest cruise cruise ship off the world,theres so much to on the freedom 7 days are not enougth,make sure you try out the chops grills rest and the sorrento pizza ,you gonna feel like you in las vagas i hope good time on the freedom if you need more information just email me at ncb106@yahoo.com and my name is nick i am going the freedom again on august back to back cant wait

yes there is a adult pool and the disembarkation you can not stay in you room but are these ships they alot off bars they you could stay at and let me tell you gonna have fun on this cruise you gonna be on the biggest cruise cruise ship off the world,theres so much to on the freedom 7 days are not enougth,make sure you try out the chops grills rest and the sorrento pizza ,you gonna feel like you in las vagas i hope good time on the freedom if you need more information just email me at ncb106@yahoo.com and my name is nick i am going the freedom again on august back to back cant wait

Thanks. I am sure I'll email you with other questions. I think we are trying Chops. My cousin is getting married on this cruise in St Thomas so we are traveling with a group. We most likely will be trying Chops, I think she wants to do a group dinner after the wedding there. I will probably be asking alot of questions, some maybe stupid but... oh well. Since this will our 1st time with RCI we want to be prepared. But we are excited!

I'm so excited as my August 3rd cruise is now seeming to get really close..less than 2 months:D . But, it's been quite a while since i have cruised RCCL and I am trying to remember, is there a light on the balcony in a JS? Also, would the light be too bright for people sleeping inside the room?? Is there anyway that a curtain can be pulled close to stop the light?? Sorry if i am asking too many questions, but my grandson goes to sleep a little later than us and we need to know if he'll be able to read or something out on the balcony while we are asleep. Thanks in advace for your replies!

Thanks. I am sure I'll email you with other questions. I think we are trying Chops. My cousin is getting married on this cruise in St Thomas so we are traveling with a group. We most likely will be trying Chops, I think she wants to do a group dinner after the wedding there. I will probably be asking alot of questions, some maybe stupid but... oh well. Since this will our 1st time with RCI we want to be prepared. But we are excited!

just email me ok they chose a good ship and a good place to get marreid

Just need to know exactly what I've got to look foward to. We're going on FOS 6/22/08 and are staying in room 7666. I'm just not quite sure what kind of room we're staying in.:confused: From what my fiancee has told me it has a view and from the pictures I've seen maybe a balcony. He purchased this cruise for me for my birthday but won't come forth with any of the details I want. Any Info would be great. Thanks!:)

Just need to know exactly what I've got to look foward to. We're going on FOS 6/22/08 and are staying in room 7666. I'm just not quite sure what kind of room we're staying in.:confused: From what my fiancee has told me it has a view and from the pictures I've seen maybe a balcony. He purchased this cruise for me for my birthday but won't come forth with any of the details I want. Any Info would be great. Thanks!:)

shp_fr_deck07_rc1_dpl.gif

You are in a D2 balcony cabin on the port side of the ship. I don't know about looking forward, you'll actually be looking to the side. :D

just email me ok they chose a good ship and a good place to get marreid

I will..... I know they chose a good ship. My cousin is diamond member with RCI so that's why she is sticking with Royal and that's why we are straying from Princess this one time. I'll gather some questions and email you. Do you have pics? If so you can email those too.

Just booked FOS for 10/4/09 so very excited here. Can't wait to read through this thread and get all the inside info on this ship. First time on this class but I love the Voyager class so I'm hoping that it feels familiar. Also was lucky and got 8638 on the hump so looking forward to what that is like as I see many raves about hump cabins. Thanks in advance for any and all info I glean from you all. Take care, Jim

Well, we just booked our FOS cruise for Feb 28, 2010!!! A really long time to wait!! But at least we have a trip to St John's next April to help break up the time. This is going to be the 3rd sailing of the It's 5 o'clock somewhere group. Our last cruise in March we had 26 people and I'm sure we will have just as many, if not more on this one. I was lucky to be able to get a JS on deck 10 aft!!! Our good friends booked the one next to us and my brother and SIL got the D1 on the other side. If the prices drop we might move up to a GS. Had one last cruise and really got spoiled!!

WOW and I am complaining about having to wait until April 12th for my trip!! :D I sure that I find a bunch of great pix between now and then since there are so many of us FOS cruiser that will be sailing by the time I leave :cool: