Carnival Miracle 3/6/08 Long Review

davethomasowns

It does look like you were able to make the best of it, and still have a good time despite it all. Good for you! Great pictures, and great review! :)

Do you mind me asking which cabin you stayed in?

It was cabin #7170, an 8G on the Verandah Deck.

Thanks for all of the kinds words guys! I am glad that so many of you are reading it. During the cave-tubing adventure we used disposable cameras and most of the pictures did not come out. They're not great but here are a few pictures from the day:

47b8dd39b3127cceb6042327e51f00000026102QZtm7du4ZS

47b8dd39b3127cceb6042318641000000026102QZtm7du4ZS

47b8dd39b3127cceb6042301e53900000026102QZtm7du4ZS

47b8dd39b3127cceb60423f264fa00000026102QZtm7du4ZS

47b8dd39b3127cceb60423e1e5d900000026102QZtm7du4ZS

Thanks again!

Shane Arsenault

Shane,

Thanks for the great review. If you are ever in Roatan again, be sure to hook up with Victor Bodden tours and have them take you to the Jungle Canapy zip line - we loved it. It was the one of the best things I have done. My 10 year old son was very scared at first, but he now can't wait to go in Costa Rica. OUr Freedow cruise is scheduled for their in Nov. I hope to see it, but I woud be estatic to go back to Roatan again. My favorite port on the Valor western.

thanks again!

Shane,

Thanks for the great review. If you are ever in Roatan again, be sure to hook up with Victor Bodden tours and have them take you to the Jungle Canapy zip line - we loved it. It was the one of the best things I have done. My 10 year old son was very scared at first, but he now can't wait to go in Costa Rica. OUr Freedow cruise is scheduled for their in Nov. I hope to see it, but I woud be estatic to go back to Roatan again. My favorite port on the Valor western.

thanks again!

Thanks for reading! Yeah, like I said, I enjoyed the Roatan stop much more than I thought I would. Next time I am there I will make sure to do something mroe exciting, maybe the ziplining you mentioned.

Shane Arsenault

Hey Shane!

I just want to tell you again how much I enjoyed our cruise! It was the greatest gift I have ever been given. Miracle was a beautiful ship! The second you walk on the boat and are in the atrium, the only words to describe it are WOW! It was the best boat for us, being all about the arts. I joke with everyone that we left the boat whiter than we were when we got on, but the room was large enough, the bed was comfortable, the balcony gave us great views of the sunsets and ports, and the movies and room service were quick and easy! I swear that even with the sickness, there was NOTHING wrong with this trip. I smile every time I think about it! That is what a great vacation is all about!

I am so proud of you for doing this for me and I’m shocked that you were able to keep it a secret for so long! Thank you so much for all of this Shane!!! I am so thankful to have you in my life!

Love you!

Kaleigh

:o

How sweet, to acknowledge him in this way!

I am so sorry that you all got sick, but you all have GREAT attitudes.

I appreciate all your posts, i have followed several, as I am going on the miracle for my second time on April 7th.

Thanks both of you for sharing your trip with the boards, and best of luck to both of you.

I think you are both lucky to have each other!!!

Denise

We got very lucky the entire week with our balcony. It was only on the side facing the ports and we can see almost every sunset perfectly. The one this evening was especially stunning and there is nothing like the feeling of leaning over your balcony with the wind blowing in your face and the endless ocean bouncing the sun at you.

Dave, you write a great review, and have a bit of the Irish poet in you, as evidenced by this quote! Even though you guys were so sick, you manged to pick yourselves up, make yourselves feel as good as you could, and had yourselves a great time. So true about attitude and the way you can view things. You were on that ship to celebrate and hell-be-damned, you were gonna celebrate and have a great time!

I'm lucky to be sailing the Miracle for the 2nd time in October. She sounds just as gorgeous and as great as she did a few years back when I sailed her from NYC to Port Canaveral and Nassau. Fabulous trip then, and anticipated to be fabulous now, when friends and I are looking forward to sailing again from NYC to Puerto Rico, St Thomas and Tortola. Never been to Tortola, so that'll be fun.

Again, you write beautifully, felt like I was with you guys the entire trip - ugh - you were so sick... and then you were so delighted and thrilled with your cruise and the ports. All the best to you and Kaleigh (SP?). You guys are just adorable together!

Janet D.

I enjoyed your review. Seeing the ship's photos again makes me think getting through this spring will be a bit more difficult, we are cruising the Miracle in May, our second time in 2 years. Can you tell we LOVE the ship??

Glad to read you were able to have a nice time, regardless of how your trip began. Kaleigh is adorable, her smile is priceless. Best wishes for many more happy cruises.:)

I totally enjoyed your reveiw and pictures. Awesome job.

So sorry ya'll got sick--BUT you came thru it great. I agree with the other posters--go back on the Miracle and propose! How romantic!

Be sure to come back here to Cruise Critic to tell us all about it if you do.

We'll remember the review and situation.

Good luck to both of you!!

Carnival sends a photographer over to the cave-tubing site so that when you are crossing the creek, swimming, etc., they can take pictures of you. Even though we had an indepedent tour they were still there taking pictures of our group and we were a sucker and bought one. Just thought I would mention that, I know a lot of people like pictures yet they don't bring their cameras because they don't want to get them wet.

47b8dd01b3127cceb637b8a8993900000026102QZtm7du4ZS

Shane Arsenault

Hello Pam! Thanks for reading.

Yeah the evens are the "Portside." I am not sure if that means that the ship docks the same everytime and that they're always facing the port, but that side is teh "Portside." I am sure there is somebody who knows more about it than me. They can let us know if I just got lucky or if the portside is actually always facing the port!

Shane A.

Great review Shane! And your pictures are awesome! We did the same cruise in January, so it brought back great memories.

"Portside" actually refers to the left side of the ship as you're looking toward the bow. Starboard is the right side. So, you did indeed get lucky as the ship can dock facing either direction.

Again, thanks for the great review and positive outlook. It really stinks that you both got sick, but it sounds like you both made the best of it. Good job!:D

Great review Shane! And your pictures are awesome! We did the same cruise in January, so it brought back great memories.

"Portside" actually refers to the left side of the ship as you're looking toward the bow. Starboard is the right side. So, you did indeed get lucky as the ship can dock facing either direction.

Again, thanks for the great review and positive outlook. It really stinks that you both got sick, but it sounds like you both made the best of it. Good job!:D

Thanks for the clarification! I knew that Portside was on the left and Starboard was the right, I just was not sure if they docked differently everytime. Very lucky indeed, then.

Thanks

Shane A.

We wondered why we didn't see the two of you after the Meet & Greet. The two of you are so sweet and we were really looking forward to getting to know you better! This was probably the best cruise we've ever taken and we have to credit a lot of that to our Roll Call Group! Sorry you both got soooo sick but glad you turned it around and had a great time!

I still can't believe you waited until 9PM the night before to tell Kaleigh she was going on an 8 day cruise!!!!:p

We wondered why we didn't see the two of you after the Meet & Greet. The two of you are so sweet and we were really looking forward to getting to know you better! This was probably the best cruise we've ever taken and we have to credit a lot of that to our Roll Call Group! Sorry you both got soooo sick but glad you turned it around and had a great time!

I still can't believe you waited until 9PM the night before to tell Kaleigh she was going on an 8 day cruise!!!!:p

Yeah, well you have no idea how hard it was keeping it a surprise! We still had a good time and to make up for the things we didn't get to do, we booked a 4-day to the Bahamas for next month. I have been posting in the old roll-call and maybe one day we will all be on another cruise together!

Shane Arsenault

Shane ... I was on the Miracle 3 weeks ago. Your review was awesome. I feel badly that you both were sick, But you made a bad situation turn good.

You are a Lovely couple. I hope your next Cruise is flawless. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures when I have time.

Shane ... I was on the Miracle 3 weeks ago. Your review was awesome. I feel badly that you both were sick, But you made a bad situation turn good.

You are a Lovely couple. I hope your next Cruise is flawless. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures when I have time.

Thanks! How was your time on the ship?

Shane Arsenault

Archived