Canada New England cruise

Sunnytrip

We will be cruising from Quebec to New York end of September. Never been to Canada or US before so very excited. Any tips on this type of cruise. What kind of weather can we expect?

You did not mention any ports, but in the New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island areas, the weather will be quite cool at sea, but on land, if it is sunny, the day temperatures will be in the high 60's generally, or even into the low 70's on the odd day. The mornings will be cool and crisp. If the weather is not good, one can expect low 60's or high 50's. Late September is a beautiful time of year here-----a bit early for too much leaf colour but the humidity of the summer has passed and there is little fog at that time of year.

If you check out the "Canada" board under "Ports of Call" you will find a wealth of information regarding the areas you will be visiting. I hope you have a wonderful experience.

We cruised the other direction, from NYC to Quebec, the last week of September and first week of October. It was cold and rainy. We had rain in Halifax and Quebec. The fall colors in Quebec were absolutely stunning, even in the pouring rain. We found that Boston, Portland and Bar Harbor had little color, but the further North we went, the better the fall foliage. So enjoy Quebec to the fullest, even if it is raining. It was really cold on the balcony with the wind whipping by, I wore my robe and my coat whenever I went out there.

The weather came change so fast, so the ideal thing is to layer clothing, so if it gets too warm you can take things off and visa versa. ALso a rain poncho, just in case of rain while you are touring. There is so much to do and see, you'll want to go back again and again.

Archived