AE Suite on Jade

RnD

We have been back and forth regarding taking the Jade or an RCCL trip to the Mediterranean in January. It looks like paying for a full suite may help with any issues we may have had with free style dining.

WE were concerned that on a trip like the Mediterranean everyone would be trying to dine at the same time after the ship sailed from port.

According to NCL if we book an AE or above we can order from any menu from any restaurant and have the the food delivered to our cabin if we do not want to wait for a particular restaurant.

Has anyone stayed in this type of suite, and is it worth the extra cost. Also is what I was told true regarding in suite dining?

Please help. By the way the cabin that we have on hold is 9170, and I have some concerns about being all the way aft, though the cruise advisor says they are great cabins, with great views, and there is no soot, or obstructed view issue.

Comments greatly appreciated.

Aft facing cabins are our preference - great views and out of the wind so the balcony can be used at any time.

AE cabins (and above) can order from any of the menus and have their meal served in the cabin. You can also pre-book specialty restaurants in advance for the whole of your cruise (think this is still the case). Breakfast and lunch are available in Cagney's (free of charge) which is VERY relaxing.

We have not been on the Jade, but on the Jewel which I understand is it's sister ship. We had that cabin on our trip to the Med and loved it! Yes you can have full dinners brought to the room, but what we usually did was call the concierge and she made reservations for us at whatever restaurant we wanted, including the main ones. The butler was great and the cappucino machine was to die for!

Enjoy -

Carey

We just returned from our Jade trip (2/29-3/13) from Miami to Barcelona. We were in an AE (aft 9172). It was AWESOME, and so worth the upgrade from our original balcony room (9664). Our room was just next door to the room that you have booked. We took full advantage of the balcony, and thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful sunsets that greeted us each evening.

Our room was a handicapped room, so it had a more "open" floorplan than the typical AE room. It didn't have a bathtub, but did have a roll-in/roll-out shower - and we loved it!

We used the services of the concierge infrequently, but did appreciate what she did for us. We provided a list to her of our dining room selections on the first day, and we got in to every restaurant that we requested. Because of "1/2 price specials", we chose to eat at the 8:30 seating. I've heard of some people requesting their restaurant reservations on the morning that they wanted them, and not being able to get in; we never had that problem.

We did elect to have room service just one night, and we were able to order from the no-fee speciality restaurant (Papa's). Our butler provided a menu when I asked for it, and he delivered a great meal very promptly.

One really nice benefit to being in this cabin is that you can eat both your breakfast AND lunch at Cagney's for free. Each day had a different menu, and allowed us to have some particularly tasty food without the massive crowds that were found at the "Food Trough" buffet.

Would I book this room again? ABSOLUTELY! And if I couldn't get this room, I'd opt to get an even better/upgraded room.

Enjoy your cruise!

We have been back and forth regarding taking the Jade or an RCCL trip to the Mediterranean in January. It looks like paying for a full suite may help with any issues we may have had with free style dining.

WE were concerned that on a trip like the Mediterranean everyone would be trying to dine at the same time after the ship sailed from port.

According to NCL if we book an AE or above we can order from any menu from any restaurant and have the the food delivered to our cabin if we do not want to wait for a particular restaurant.

Has anyone stayed in this type of suite, and is it worth the extra cost. Also is what I was told true regarding in suite dining?

Please help. By the way the cabin that we have on hold is 9170, and I have some concerns about being all the way aft, though the cruise advisor says they are great cabins, with great views, and there is no soot, or obstructed view issue.

Comments greatly appreciated.

We'll be on the Jade Mar 30/April 11, so watch the roll calls and see the postings from the ship. We are in #8132 aft so will be somewhat the same as the 9170. Have you search for pictures?

Archived