Stingray Adventure AND Blackbeard's Caye

TwinMom7

I'm confused. On the Carnival website, they offer two different excursions - one entitled Stingray Adventure and Beachbreak.....and Blackbeard's Deluxe -both of which offer interaction with the stingrays and time to relax on the beach. The Blackbeard's Deluxe is $5 more and offers lunch. Is that the only difference between these two excursions? Do they take you to the same island? Is there any difference except for lunch? I've called Carnival and they don't seem to have a CLUE!

I'm confused. On the Carnival website, they offer two different excursions - one entitled Stingray Adventure and Beachbreak.....and Blackbeard's Deluxe -both of which offer interaction with the stingrays and time to relax on the beach. The Blackbeard's Deluxe is $5 more and offers lunch. Is that the only difference between these two excursions? Do they take you to the same island? Is there any difference except for lunch? I've called Carnival and they don't seem to have a CLUE!

Same Island, same tour, one includes lunch (one might have a treasure hunt.. which is actually your lunch coin).

If you don't need the cheesy extras.. just book the Stingrays and Beach.. and buy what you want once you get there.

Here's last seasons picks of the island and stingrays..

http://travel.webshots.com/album/557806724XBomqX

Same Island, same tour, one includes lunch (one might have a treasure hunt.. which is actually your lunch coin).

If you don't need the cheesy extras.. just book the Stingrays and Beach.. and buy what you want once you get there.

Here's last seasons picks of the island and stingrays..

http://travel.webshots.com/album/557806724XBomqX

Thanks so much!!!! Enjoyed the pics!

So Scubagirl, this is something an 8 and 11 year old would enjoy? The pics were great and I'm leaning toward booking it.

Certainly, my grandson is 9 and just loves it. He's probably gone a dozen or more times.. it never gets old.

I'm a few years older that he... (lol).. and still enjoy it each and every time.

We just got back from the Carnival Valor cruise March 9-16th. We booked the Blackbeard's Snorkel and Treasure Hunt excursion through Carnival. I would recommend you do the Stringray or beach break adventure instead. It's the same boat ride over, same lunch, same beach. We paid for snorkelling and there were no fish at all. We paid for a treasure hunt and there was not a single treasure to be found. I saw one little boy with a bag of coins he found in the water but his tour arrived before us so I assume there were no treasures left when we got there. Overall we were quite disappointed. The beach was nice enough and the burgers were good (better than expected), but if I had known there wasn't really any snorkelling or a treasure hunt (which I thought my son would really enjoy), I would have done the Stingrays. They would not let us over on that side of the beach to see the stingrays but we were able to sneek a peek from the dock. Next time we are doing Atlantis!

So Scubagirl, this is something an 8 and 11 year old would enjoy? The pics were great and I'm leaning toward booking it.

My 7 year old was terrified. 9 year old thought it was very cool but, was a little nervous. Heck, I was nervous. They were alot bigger than I thought.

We swam with the stingrays in Grand Cayman and they can be a little intimidating. There were dozens of them and they brush by you and swim between your legs the whole time you are in the water. I think the girls will do fine, although the 11 year old did want to know what the chances were she would get stung...."like Steve Irwin"?:eek:

Has anyone done this excursion in Nassau and the one in Grand Cayman? I'm interested in knowing if any difference. I really enjoyed the one in Grand Cayman and I'm thinking about doing it again (in Nassau) in April. I'd like some comparisons please.

From what I've read the one in Nassau sounds much smaller than the one in Grand Cayman. I think someone said the stingrays are penned in, so it's not the open water like in Grand Cayman. I'm not going until April, so I can't offer to let you know!:rolleyes:

Archived