Ron Jon Resort Closed

samben

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have received an e-mail from Ron Jon Resort saying they are currently closed and do not have any information as to when they will be back up and running.

I have 7 rooms booked for Oct. 15 & 16th and she said she'll let me know the statis as soon as she is notified........

I just phoned the Ron Jon and the message on the phone states that the resort is currently closed due to Hurricane Jeane and to phone again on Monday (?) for further information. (Not sure which Monday they are referring to since today is Monday)

I have a two-night reservation at the Ron Jon for Nov 5th & 6th

I have not received an email regarding a closure of the resort.

I believe the resort was closed because the entire area was evacuated in anticipation of Hurricane Jeanne. I imagine we will hear more from the Ron Jon by the end of the week. I'm sure the resort is temporarily closed while they assess any damages caused by Hurricane Jeanne. I would hope that the resort will be up and running by the time you are scheduled to be there in October.....that is still 2 weeks away.

Good luck

I e-mailed her this morning because I knew they had damage from the past hurricane......she said they had more water damage and wasn't sure when they would be open.

They didn't just e-mail me with this information, I was the one to e-mail them.

One group that left last week on the Mariner (Royal Hounds) was booked at the Ron Jon. The group leader posted that she was told by management at Ron Jon that many of the rooms were damaged with water by Hurricane Francis and that they did not have a firm opening date. I'm sure that this has pushed things back even further now.

Samben, it sounds like they're just not accepting new reservations during the time you'll be there. If they've got some units out of action with water damage, it makes sense that they would want to limit the number of guests in the hope that they can come up with enough rooms for everyone who already has a reservation.

Archived