Main Dining Room/Jewel/Freestyle

First time posting. I am taking a large group(75) on Jewel and first time freestyle dining. I have told all my group that they are pretty much on their own for dinner each nite-but if they don't wish to go to specialty rest or make reservations can they just show up at the main dining room each nite without reservations? Would they expect to have long lines entering the dining room or expect to wait for a table? Thanks-any advice would be appreciated!

First time posting. I am taking a large group(75) on Jewel and first time freestyle dining. I have told all my group that they are pretty much on their own for dinner each nite-but if they don't wish to go to specialty rest or make reservations can they just show up at the main dining room each nite without reservations? Would they expect to have long lines entering the dining room or expect to wait for a table? Thanks-any advice would be appreciated!

the length of wait will depend on the time you arrive and size of the group. We have never waited more than a few minutes and have had groups from 2 to 6. The only long wait was a group of about 20 and yes, even with a reservation we had to wait about 15 or 20 minutes. We have found the shorter wait is usually before 6pm or after 7:30pm but even at our normal dining time, about 6:30 we haven't had much of a problem.

Nita

Thanks so much. I want this to be a great cruise for everyone and not a hassel worrying about dining,and waiting in long lines to have dinner. They plan on going off into little groups so hopefully everything will run smoothly.

Do you think the main dining would take a reservation for the entire group one night so we can all be together?

Thanks so much. I want this to be a great cruise for everyone and not a hassel worrying about dining,and waiting in long lines to have dinner. They plan on going off into little groups so hopefully everything will run smoothly.

Do you think the main dining would take a reservation for the entire group one night so we can all be together?

You may want to email....shipcoordinatorjewel@ncl.com and ask if they can accommodate your group for dinner.

She may have some suggestions for you.

Also, you may consider having a cocktail party in one of the private rooms for your large group.

Good Luck and enjoy your cruise:)

Archived