I've Heard That The Launderette On The Zaandam Verandah Deck Has Been Closed

davbensch

I hope this is true as I just got upgraded to an AA Verandah suite. One person in Ships Services and one person in Reservations told me so. In fact, the person in Reservations stated that there was no more personal laundry done on the Verandah Deck because people had complained of noise. The reason I checked this out is because if you look at the Verandah Deck plan, the Launderette is still listed, but there solid lines around it indicating no entry. I told Ships Services that their Marketing Dept. ought to make this known and block out the word "Launderette" in that space.

I hope this is true as I just got upgraded to an AA Verandah suite. One person in Ships Services and one person in Reservations told me so. In fact, the person in Reservations stated that there was no more personal laundry done on the Verandah Deck because people had complained of noise. The reason I checked this out is because if you look at the Verandah Deck plan, the Launderette is still listed, but there solid lines around it indicating no entry. I told Ships Services that their Marketing Dept. ought to make this known and block out the word "Launderette" in that space.

Interesting, yet several people said there was no noise when they had a cabin around the launderette......:rolleyes:

The information I got was in error. The launderette on the Verandah Deck is operational. As I am 8 suites up from the launderette, I have been told that I should not be bothered. Even though, (if you figure the seven suites going up and going down from the launderette on each side, the two suites on either side of the launderette, and two inside cabins) there are 30 suites and two cabins who are closer to the launderette than we are, I am still upset that we are paying a premium price for a suite (so that we can have a balcony) on a deck that has, in my opinion, been compromised by a launderette.

What's wrong with a laundry room if you don't hear the noise? I'm GLAD there is a laundry room not too far from our upcoming cabin on the Maasdam; I'd be even happier if it were just a few doors away instead of down a flight of stairs. If we need to throw some swimsuits in the dryer or something, we'd be right there to fish them out again.

I could see it being a bit of an issue maybe if you were right next door or something.

The information I got was in error. The launderette on the Verandah Deck is operational. As I am 8 suites up from the launderette, I have been told that I should not be bothered. Even though, (if you figure the seven suites going up and going down from the launderette on each side, the two suites on either side of the launderette, and two inside cabins) there are 30 suites and two cabins who are closer to the launderette than we are, I am still upset that we are paying a premium price for a suite (so that we can have a balcony) on a deck that has, in my opinion, been compromised by a launderette.

You will never hear it from that far away IMO. I'd only worry if I was in front of it. On the other thread you heard people say they didn't hear anything even when they were in front of it. That was not my experience. You should be fine.:)

I don't understand your reasoning. I think it would be an asset...not a detriment...to be near a laundromat. :confused: That's the only drawback to the Vista's...no self service laundry. :rolleyes:

It's just my own personal preference. Yes, I realize it's an asset for a lot of people and I understand why it is centrally located on the Verandah Deck. However, I am the type of person who will spend some time in the suite during the day and I only wish that I could have been located even further away from the launderette. Oh well, at least I have the balcony on which I can sit with the balcony door closed if I do hear any noise from the launderette while inside my suite.

Oh well, at least I have the balcony on which I can sit with the balcony door closed if I do hear any noise from the launderette while inside my suite.

Your balcony door needs to be closed even if you don't hear any noise (which you won't).

Your balcony door needs to be closed even if you don't hear any noise (which you won't).

So true. If I had a dollar for ever time I heard how people love to sleep with their balcony door wide open I'd be rich enough to stay in the Penthouse on my next cruise. And I would be sleeping with the door closed.:D

Out of curiosity, why should I close the balcony door while I'm sleeping? Do you get a lot splashing on the balcony with the ship cruising at night and/or does the heat or AC shut off with the balcony door open? The only reason I would open the balcony door a little at night is that I like to hear the waves crashing (we go to NC every summer and when we have rented a condo on the beach, there are nights when we like to open the sliding glass door for awhile to hear the waves more loudly even if the AC is running).

Out of curiosity, why should I close the balcony door while I'm sleeping? Do you get a lot splashing on the balcony with the ship cruising at night and/or does the heat or AC shut off with the balcony door open?

That's right. It's because the HVAC system shuts down.

But it doesn't only shut down in your cabin; it shuts down in every cabin on the same line. Those cabins could be on higher or lower decks, or even be inside or outside cabins with no opportunity to get any air themselves.

Archived