Need help!! Taking family on Fantasy.

Arkylady

We are having a family reunion, part of family, for July 4 on Fantasy. Most of the grandchildren have never cruised and half of children have not. What is there for teens to do on the ship. It is the 4 day our of NO. Ages are boys 13, 18, 19 and 22. Girls are 11, 16, 18, 18. There are parents of course and then us grandparents. When you take your children how do you fix the charges on their room key.? I am putting all the girls in quad room and the boys in quad room with the rest of us around them in the area. Can you limit the amount they can charge? The arcade games on the ship - are they coins? I have cruised a lot but then I don't take children. I dreamed this up for my husbands 70 birthday(Grandpa). I want everyone to have a good time but need some help from parents who regularly take children.

thanks so much. Gram

We don't usually cruise on Carnival so this will be different for us also.

Arcades use tokens. If you wish, you can tell Carnival @ embarkation the kids' Sign/Sail cards are solely to be used as room keys...that they have no charging ability

Thank you -now next question where do you get the tokens and are they charged to the room key? Also can you actually put an amount on each room key? I need to be able to help with the information and how do get information? Beth

BETHK -

We are going on the Fantasy in November with children (14, 10, 7). I would appreciate if you could send me a copy of the capers from Camp Carnival and the new club for 12-14 yr olds.

thehill36562 at aol dot com

Enjoy your trip!:D

Arcades use tokens. If you wish, you can tell Carnival @ embarkation the kids' Sign/Sail cards are solely to be used as room keys...that they have no charging ability

On the Fantasy, unlike on the newer ships, the Sign/Sail card and the room key are separate.

On the Fantasy, unlike on the newer ships, the Sign/Sail card and the room key are separate.

Would this not be a better way then for parents to have more control over the childrens charges? Can I call someone at Carnival and talk to them regarding these questions? Thanks

Would this not be a better way then for parents to have more control over the childrens charges? Can I call someone at Carnival and talk to them regarding these questions? Thanks

You can give the kids a key and not a Sail/Sign card. I think you don't need to arrange this in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Beth,

We cruised Fantasy with my DS(15&17). They spent a LOT of time at Club O2. They met tons of kids thier age, who they still are in contact with. There was ping pong, mini golf, and general hanging around the pizza place. Club O2 is supervised. They didn't spend a lot of time at the arcade. You can put a limit on the amount they can charge on the card. You can also go by the pursers desk and check the balance from time to time if you want, just to monitor it.

I hope you all have a great time. We will be getting off the ship the day you arrive!

• 3 weeks later...
We took our first last spring break, but now we are hooked. :)

We are from NE, VERY close to the Missouri bootheel, you?

We are closer to Little Rock. We love cruising. Most have been on RCL but have been on Carnival 2x before. I am not sure about going in summer but will see. We are going for birthday celebration this time.

We are closer to Little Rock. We love cruising. Most have been on RCL but have been on Carnival 2x before. I am not sure about going in summer but will see. We are going for birthday celebration this time.

Happy Birthday!!

We like being able to drive to our port, but may try a different cruise line next time. Which port do you usually use?

Will try this again just lost the last one.

We cruise out of Galveston most of the time, like you we dont like to have to fly, unless going on a special trip. RCL only has the Voyager now and doesnt do a short cruise but we are hoping that after Europe and exotic cruise fade some they will come back. This is a great ship, has lots of activity on it for all ages. We are little old for climbing wall but kids love it.

Let me know how you liked the June cruise. I took granddaughters on Estasy out of Galveston few years ago and wasnt really satisfied but they loved it. I have a friend that has cruised the Norweigan line out of Galveston and they love it, little different also. Like most I just love cruising so will go anywhere and anytime.

You can give the kids a key and not a Sail/Sign card. I think you don't need to arrange this in advance.

We're sailing on Imagination in August and we were told the fantasy class ships are in the process of switching over their Sail N Sign cards so they won't be two separate cards (you'll use the same card for charges, as well as a room key).

You have a couple of choices here. You can request that they have no charging privileges, or you can put down a cash amount on each kid's card. If each kid gets, let's say, $100, just be sure they realize that it has to last them the entire cruise, so they should think about how they spend their money. Tell them when it's gone, it's gone. Or you can just ask for a duplicate "key" card that can be used only as a room key, not a Sail N Sign card.

Archived