Boston in 1 day

TITISSA

There is alot to do in boston , go goverment center fanniuel hall its called ha great

shops , food and plenty of fun people to see ,, durgin park is a great place to eat especialyy if you like fish about 20 a person for full dinner

As it's been said before, there are lots to do around the waterfront and Fanniuel hall area. The North End is very close for Italian food, plenty of seafood restaurants along the waterfront. You could walk the Freedom Trail is you wanted to look at some of the history. Lots of different areas to visit as well such as Back Bay, Newbury St. Copley Square, the Boston Common and the Public Garden. All walking distance, but the "T" is also available if walking isn't part of your plan.

One suggestion - please stay away from Durgin Park! This one of the biggest tourist traps in Boston.

There will be plenty to do since you will be here on the 4th. Fanuiel Hall is a great place with a ton of places to eat. I also do not recommend Durgin Park, much better places to eat in Quincy Market or head to the North End. If the ship docks at the Black Falcon terminal and want some awesome seafood, there is the No Name Restaurant and Barking Crab (could be packed since its the 4th and everyone will be in their boats in the harbor that day).

If are here on the actual 4th, they usually sail the USS Constitution on that day, so I would head over the Charlestown Navy Yard. If you really want to see Boston, check out the Boston Duck Tours that leave out of the Pru (Back Bay). You want to reserve early as they fill up fast! Its an amphibous boat that will take you around Boston and into the Charles River.

My best bet in Boston - take a tour of Fenway Park. However, just check that are doing a tour that day, as they may not if there is a game there that day.

• 2 weeks later...

With only one day in Boston I would do the Freedom Trail (or at least part of it) in the morning. I would then have lunch in the North End. After lunch it would be fun to poke around Fanueil Hall. Another option is to stroll through the Boston Common and over to the Boston Public Gardens and go on a swan boat ride. Of course the other optio is to visit the beautiful Museum of Fine Arts.

One suggestion - please stay away from Durgin Park! This one of the biggest tourist traps in Boston.

So nothing's changed in the 22 years since I ate there when I first moved to Boston, LOL.

My favorite restaurant back then was the Daily Catch on Hanover Street in the North End. I last had dinner there in 2001, and it was still great. A very bare bones place, but some of the best Italian seafood I've ever had.

I second the motion to walk the Freedom Trail. It takes you to some great historical sights and it's a wonderful wya to see the town.

Archived