Taxi in Hamilton

Sidetracker

Will be in Bermuda in May. Need to catch a taxi from Hamilton to Spiceland Stables. Does anyone know if I can catch one on the docks, call for one on the docks, or need to call ahead? (This will be for a Wed. around 10 AM). Also, does anyone know how much it might cost? I think it takes about 15 min. to get to the stables.

Thanks

I don't think the rates are up to date...

Rate 1 — MILEAGE

For the first one-fifth of a mile or part thereof (initial charge)

$4.15

For each subsequent one-fifth of a mile or part thereof (meter advances)

$0.45

this is the new law/regs. It works out to be 5.95 the first mile and 2.25 there after.

plus 25% on Sunday.

This is for 1-4 passengers

Thanks for the rate & webb site info. The Dawn will be anchored and have tenders into Hamilton. I didn't know if I would just be able to take a tender into Hamilton and catch a cab on the pier or I would have to call them. Guess the best thing to do is email one of the taxi companies. :confused:

It is probably worth pre-arranging a taxi.

Spiceland stables is a nice operation. That was my wife's second time on horseback and they matched her with the perfect horse for her. I used to have a horse of my own, so mine was a bit more spirited. Are you doing the ride over to the beach? We had a lot of fun and enjoyed some beautiful views. The stables had a dog named Star that ran along with the horses. When he got tired, he would run up onto a stone wall and hop onto the leader's horse. It was quite entertaining!

Eric

It is probably worth pre-arranging a taxi.

Spiceland stables is a nice operation. That was my wife's second time on horseback and they matched her with the perfect horse for her. I used to have a horse of my own, so mine was a bit more spirited. Are you doing the ride over to the beach? We had a lot of fun and enjoyed some beautiful views. The stables had a dog named Star that ran along with the horses. When he got tired, he would run up onto a stone wall and hop onto the leader's horse. It was quite entertaining!

Eric

I will be on the 10:30 AM ride. I hope that goes to the beach. My DH will be at the golf course. I had a horses too. Glad to see you enjoyed the ride even though you have had a horse. Do they stick to a "walk"? Do you mind if I ask if you tip after the ride? If so, how much do you recommend?

Thanks for the info!

Archived