Mardi Gras party on the Miracle?

toledo

They did on Fantasy in Oct & on Conquest the year before that.

If they have one on Miracle, the staff will have a few beads to pass out or toss but feel free to pack a few just in case. They can always be tossed when the midnight deck party is going on.

When I was on the Celebration, there was a deck party the evening we left Nassau. It was called "Bahamian Mardi Gras" with a tropical buffet and drink specials. I have been on the 7 day Miracle from Tampa, but can't find my capers. I will keep looking.

Brenda, thx. I had never heard of it...either on these boards or by being on the ships (even the Conquest)... I learn somethin' every day, friend.:D

LOL Good to see you stranger. Haven't seen you around lately. Heading back to Nola soon for another cruise. One of these days we are going to get to meet you. :D

Mardi Gras party on Fantasy was lots of fun with Big Tex onboard. It's more like a bar crawl which is actually a great way to get people involved & show the variety of music that is available around the ship in different spots.

To the best of my knowledge the Conquest has a Mardi Gras party on each cruise. We had one whilst on her last year (it wasn't Mardi Gras season btw)....I think it was on Wednesday night. You're broken into teams, depending on your team color, and parade through the ship, stopping at various locations where everyone participates in group activities. There are drinks available in coconut heads (which are banks, so it was a fun gift to bring back to my grandson) but not many beads. One of my CC buddies is from New Orleans so she brought a ton of beads, some really fantastic ones from her "crue" (sorry if the spelling is incorrect). It was a fairly late activity and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Brenda - SOMEday, I promise!:D

Suse - I can't imagine how I missed any Mardi Gras celebration! I've been in many "krewes" (just so you know:)) over half my life, both in my hometown of N.O. and here on the coast. So, I'd never miss anything related...just didn't hear or see anything on the Conquest. I guess I need to pay more attention!:rolleyes:

Archived