Conquest skips Montego Bay

citcatt1

I hope they got it out of their system! We leave in a couple of weeks and I really want to go to Mayfield Falls!!!

Oh, am I supposed to feel bad and be concerned about the medical emergency? I forgot in my selfishness!

:eek: I just read on Cruisecal that the Conquest skipped Montego Bay today due to a medical emergency.

Unfortunately, medical emergencies happen often.

Personally, I've had two sailings altered because of another guest's emergency. Even though it's a dissapointment when a port is missed, I feel worse thinking about the guest and their families, and what they might be going through.

never mind I thought I read somewhere that they hit Grand Cayman today(wed) to take care of the medical emergency, instead of going straight to MoBay. Guess they actually had to come back towards the US to handle the emergency and then turn.

Actually we missed Mo Bay and added a sea day during the time we would have been there. Stories on the ship was a lady was hemmorrhaging and the medical staff couldn't stop it. we turned around and met a coast guard helicopter about 2 1/2 hrs later about midnight. the seas were a little rough so they had to lower a basket to pick her up. At the past guest party we were told that the person evacuated was stablized about 15 1/2 hrs later. No matter about the ports it is comforting to know that Carnival thinks more of it's guests and crew safety, than meeting deadlines to party islands.

Archived