TV/DVD on Century

nicole9s

I am asking this question on behalf of my fiance, who looked like I took away his favorite toy when I told him that there are limited options for TV viewing onboard (I KNOW I KNOW!!!) Why the heck are we paying all this $ and he wants to watch TV? It's a sickness, I swear. I said to him last night, 'why would you want to waste time watching tv? we're on a cruise!' He turned to me, dead serious, and said, 'TV is never a waste of time'. I think we need an intervention...

With that all said, can anyone tell me what channels you DO get onboard the Century? Similarly, does anyone know what type of DVD's the DVD player will play, i.e. DVD-R, VCD, etc? We are in a Royal Suite if that makes any difference.

Thanks, and I promise, I will try my best to get him to not watch TV - especially since we will be on our HONEYMOON!!!

Others may have better info but I think the only cabins with DVD's are Royal/CS suites. The rest have VCR's.

Unless your new DH likes Mayberry, Bonanza, Hawaii 5/0 and/or the endless rotation of CNN or the navigation map of where the ship is then you won't have too much to worry about.

Pack extra lingerie just in case :D

I am asking this question on behalf of my fiance, who looked like I took away his favorite toy when I told him that there are limited options for TV viewing onboard (I KNOW I KNOW!!!) Why the heck are we paying all this $ and he wants to watch TV? It's a sickness, I swear. I said to him last night, 'why would you want to waste time watching tv? we're on a cruise!' He turned to me, dead serious, and said, 'TV is never a waste of time'. I think we need an intervention...

With that all said, can anyone tell me what channels you DO get onboard the Century? Similarly, does anyone know what type of DVD's the DVD player will play, i.e. DVD-R, VCD, etc? We are in a Royal Suite if that makes any difference.

Thanks, and I promise, I will try my best to get him to not watch TV - especially since we will be on our HONEYMOON!!!

I can't believe this would be a worry for him on your HONEYMOON!!! No way!!! You can't be serious! BUT... just in case you kick him to the curb for wanting to watch TV instead of you... there is a DVD player in your suite so you can watch chick flicks after a busy day ashore:D

Others may have better info but I think the only cabins with DVD's are Royal/CS suites. The rest have VCR's.

When I asked today about DVD players Celebrity told me the only rooms with DVD players are suites. (And sadly you are not allowed to bring your own from home to hook up to their TVs)

I would assume that even in the suites they would just provide your average $30 DVD player that you'd find in a suite in a hotel

With that being said, I understand the TV addiction. I'm filling up my DVR with all my fav shows while I'm gone so I don't miss a thing! The only other solution is to bring a lap top and play movies on it if you're not in a suite.

we were in a sky suite in December and it had a DVD player, although we never tried it since we didn't bring any discs with us. THe only actual TV was CNN, the rest of the offerings were either old TV programs, on board programs relating to ship board activities, and the map showing ship position. You didn't say where you are cruising, but in the Mediterranian

it is CNN international, on a Trans Atlantic you lose all CNN in the middle of the ocean.

Archived