MUTS and other questions??

cdnliving

Hi All. We just got off a RC cruise and had such a fabulous time that we are booking a cruise for next year. We are new to cruising and have yet to cruise with Princess. We are considering a 10 day on the Emerald and had a few questions, particularly concerning MUTS. This may seem like a silly request but, Could someone explain this whole concept to me.... I realize its a movie screen on the deck by the pool - but how regularly are movies playing? I am assuming this is by the main pool - Is that correct? Is it loud? When are you able to sit out by the pool and listen to live or piped in music? - we really enjoyed the pool music on RC. Thanks for your insights. Also, after our last (which was also our first) cruise, we really enjoyed how friendly, attentive & personalized the staff was - always remembering our & our childrens names, saying hello, asking about our day ,remembering our preferences etc. making towel animals for the kids, choclates on the pillows at turndown etc. etc.... - is Princess similar in this regard? Additionally, on RC we didn't get any announcements in the room other than for the mustetr drill - is

this the same on Princess. Thanks so much!

Hi All. We just got off a RC cruise and had such a fabulous time that we are booking a cruise for next year. We are new to cruising and have yet to cruise with Princess. We are considering a 10 day on the Emerald and had a few questions, particularly concerning MUTS. This may seem like a silly request but, Could someone explain this whole concept to me.... I realize its a movie screen on the deck by the pool - but how regularly are movies playing? I am assuming this is by the main pool - Is that correct? Is it loud? When are you able to sit out by the pool and listen to live or piped in music? - we really enjoyed the pool music on RC. Thanks for your insights. Also, after our last (which was also our first) cruise, we really enjoyed how friendly, attentive & personalized the staff was - always remembering our & our childrens names, saying hello, asking about our day ,remembering our preferences etc. making towel animals for the kids, choclates on the pillows at turndown etc. etc.... - is Princess similar in this regard? Additionally, on RC we didn't get any announcements in the room other than for the mustetr drill - is

There are two "main" pools. MUTS plays at one an it does play pretty much all day. It's not uncomfortably loud but it's loud enough. The other pool (same deck just separated a little) has music (both taped and live.) This is also the pool area that has pool games and ice carving, etc.

Not too much in the way of towel animals on Princess - although there are a few. Chocolates on the pillow-absolutely. Remember your names - room steward, yes, dining room - depends on whether you have traditional or anytime. With anytime, you will have different wait staff each night.

Same deal on announcements in the room - except for emergencies, you hear announcements in the hallways and can tune in to one of the TV channels if you want to hear them in the room. Otherwise, they leave you alone.

Hope this information helps. Emerald is a beautiful ship. We have sailed on her sister ship, the Crown Princess, twice and sail the Emerald on 3/25.

Carolyn from Staten Island

Movies- during day and in the evening

Main pool

Not real loud

Live music at times

Friendly, attentive and personalized -

Room steward will address you by name

Dining room staff will also if they serve you daily

I'd say no to towel animals but last cruise, first time, did get an elephant (steward must have come from another cruise line because this is not the norm for Princess)

Chocolates on the pillow at turn down

Only muster or special captain's messages are announced in the room

Announcements in the hallway but rarely more than twice a day

Enjoy:D

There are two "main" pools. MUTS plays at one an it does play pretty much all day. It's not uncomfortably loud but it's loud enough. The other pool (same deck just separated a little) has music (both taped and live.) This is also the pool area that has pool games and ice carving, etc.

Not too much in the way of towel animals on Princess - although there are a few. Chocolates on the pillow-absolutely. Remember your names - room steward, yes, dining room - depends on whether you have traditional or anytime. With anytime, you will have different wait staff each night.

Same deal on announcements in the room - except for emergencies, you hear announcements in the hallways and can tune in to one of the TV channels if you want to hear them in the room. Otherwise, they leave you alone.

Hope this information helps. Emerald is a beautiful ship. We have sailed on her sister ship, the Crown Princess, twice and sail the Emerald on 3/25.

Carolyn from Staten Island

I concur with these comments. Also, there are quieter areas to spend time, like the aft pool which is just for grownups, in case you get overwhelmed. I also think the Emerald has one of the Sanctury facilities (if I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me :) ), which sounds pretty nice as well.

Personally, I loved the MUTS, particularly in the evening or on port days if I didn't feel like getting off of the ship.

We came off the Emerald on March 5th. As others have stated, MUTS is at one of the pools (Calypso Reef & Pool) while the other pool (Neptune's Reef & Pool) is where the live music is played.

I never found MUTS' volume to be too loud - it was just right. We watched a movie one night and they put a cover on some of the deck chairs around the deck and on one or two upper decks, they provide blankets, and popcorn. I really enjoyed watching a movie while the ship sailed to its next port of call.

This was our 2nd Princess cruise and I have always found the staff to be friendly and most of the staff remember your names - more for those that you interactive most such as your stateroom attendant and waiter.

We must be among the minority when it comes to the volume of muts. To both myself & my wife we both thought it was much to loud. We solved the problem by bringing a set of earplugs on out last cruise which also came in handy at the showlounge.

Never bothered by or with Muts. Used either the other main pool or the Terrace pool aft. Big plus is they are all fresh water, not salt water. I do love the Radiance Class RCL Ships though too.

We will try the Emerald for our fourth Princess Cruise on 1/19/09- looking forward to it - after Tahiti of course!

Archived