Scuba Diving in Hawaii

LVUNDERBIRD

My husband is certified but hasn’t dived in over 15 years. We will be on the NCL Wind and have a 3 day post stay on Oahu. I would like to surprise my husband with I dive trip. I am leaning towards him diving while we are on Oahu, that way he can get out early in the morning. Any suggestions on a dive company on Oahu? Or, would he be better off doing a dive excursion through NCL? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

:( Oh my, I think what you have planned is wonderful. However, if he hasn't dived I would strongly suggest he take a refresher course before trying to dive in Hawaii. You can forget an awful lot in 15 years. Most dive charters would be very hesitant to permit him to dive. Good Luck

There have been a number of changes in Scuba gear in the last 15 years. A refresher course at your local dive shop could be your suprise for him. I don't know your itinerary but as a diver I would much rather dive in Kona on the Big Island or Maui long before Oahu. If they are on your trip you may want to consider setting up a dive in either place.

Good Luck

Rich

I just received an Email this a.m which I'll be glad to share:

Hello,

Yes, you can dive with us. We offer guided dives, reef

dives, scooter dives, turtle dive, cave/shark dive. Prices start at $49.95, including all equipment. Please call us as soon as possible on our 1-800-959-7319 for all the details and reservations from 9am to 6pm, Hawaii time. Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you, Bia (MAUI DIVING SCUBA CENTER) www.mauidiving.com www.mauiscuba.net

Thanks everyone for your input.

I have narrowed it down to either Aquazone Hawaiis Introductory Boat Dive, with pool time for both of us. Or, Fish Bowl tours Introductory Boat Dive. Does anyone know any good or bad about either one of these?

Thanks again.

tj

Having not yet been to Hawaii I can't comment on either of them but I do want to compliment you on making the correct choice. I dived last year in Monterey after a year's lay off and darn near drowned myself because of a very simple error. Had I taken a refreshed before my trip it probably wouldn't have happened.

What occurred was I neglected to place my regulator in my mouth. It is very difficult to breath with the snorkle underwater and you are unable to find the regulator. I tried to swallow the entire Monterey Bay without much success.

Archived