Question for SeattleCruiseLover

Hi,

You've been so helpful with questions we had about Seattle, was wondering if you could answer a specific inquiry for us? We are arriving in Seattle on May 30th for our cruise to Alaska on the Oosterdam on May 31st. Instead of staying in a hotel, which we currently do have a reservation for, we've been thinking outside the box, and looking at a cabin rental on Whidbey Island. Is there a bridge to Whidbey or do we have to take the ferry? We would be renting a car, and it would just be easier to drive rather than waiting for a ferry, etc. Appreciate any help you can give me!

You have to take the ferry, from Mukilteo to Clinton. About 30 miles north of Seattle to Mukilteo, then 35 minutes across the sound to Clinton, then however long it takes to drive to whatever area the cabin is in (Whidbey is about 35 miles long).

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/schedules/current/index.cfm?route=muk-cl

• 3 weeks later...

Actually you can drive to Whidbey Island, but the ferry would be closer and faster. If you're coming from Seattle it would be about a 3 hour drive. You would take exit 232 off I-5 and head west on Highway 20 but it's still another hour drive from the frreeway. I go that way to Whidbey as i coming from the north.

Karen,

We are planning on taking a trip out to Olympic Park the day we return from our cruise. We will be leaving straight from downtown Seattle and wanting to go to Hurricane Ridge and Forks. I know this will be an all day trip, but want to sightsee and the kids want to see the Forks area because of some book series they have read based out of Forks. We plan on doing the driving tour that entire day and returning to Seattle. We are going to be staying at the Doubletree by the airport that night and flying out early the next morning. I have done this trip on mapquest and a few other mapping websites and I get different results each time. I know there are several different routes and fairy options. Which do you recommend to get to the Olympic Mountain area. I guess due to the lengh of the day, the quickest route might be best.

Thanks,

Tammie T.

Karen,

We are planning on taking a trip out to Olympic Park the day we return from our cruise. We will be leaving straight from downtown Seattle and wanting to go to Hurricane Ridge and Forks. I know this will be an all day trip, but want to sightsee and the kids want to see the Forks area because of some book series they have read based out of Forks. We plan on doing the driving tour that entire day and returning to Seattle. We are going to be staying at the Doubletree by the airport that night and flying out early the next morning. I have done this trip on mapquest and a few other mapping websites and I get different results each time. I know there are several different routes and fairy options. Which do you recommend to get to the Olympic Mountain area. I guess due to the lengh of the day, the quickest route might be best.

Thanks,

Tammie T.

Where are you picking up your car/leaving from?

I am picking up my car from Thrifty @ Peir 48 and returning it to the airport. I hear it will probably be a pain in getting the shuttle to the peir from the ship. I was thinking I could get a Taxi to peir 48 instead of waiting for the shuttle if needed. The price for the rental is extremly cheap and I will be able to return the car at the aiport. ($45 for a van)

Archived