Can you rent chairs/umbrella in Cabo?

vossjemi

In the past when we've went places like 7 mile beach in Grand Cayman or Reduit Beach on St. Lucia, we just rented loungers and an umbrella from guys working the beach. Can you do that on Cabo? If so, where? My whole family has fair complexions (red heads) and we definitely need the umbrellas. Also, I've keep hearing about Lover's Beach...do kids go there, or adults only? What would be the best beach/location for a family with 2 kids ages 6 and 8?

The main beach in Cabo is called Medano Beach. There are beach bars/restaurents there that have chairs & umbrellas for your use as long as you are eating/drinking. Also, I believe the Melia Hotel (aka: The ME) on Medano Beach will also host cruisers and they will provide you with towels and allow you to use their swimming pools as well. You can get to Medano Beach from the tender pier either by water taxi or by land taxi. Important note: with the water taxi, you will have to exit & enter the boat at Medano Beach in about 2-3 feet of water.

Lover's Beach is a small beach out by the Arch. You get there by taking a water taxi as well. This is also an excellent way to get a closeup view of the Arch, the sea lion colony and the other rock formations at "Lands End". Lover's Beach is for everyone, it is not adult oriented. Again, with the water taxi's you will exit and enter the boat in 2-3 feet of water.

Ocean water in Cabo is cold right now (mid-60's). Water gets much warmer starting around the May/June time frame I believe and stays warm through November.

Great! We will be going in August, so we definitely plan to be in the water! Does Lover's Beach have any amenities? Lounge chairs/umbrellas? Somewhere to buy a drink/snack? Restrooms? What all is there? Sea Lion colony? That sounds awesome. THe kids would love to see that. Is that year round? How much is the water taxi to Lover's Beach? Do they just automatically take you by the Arch and rock formations at Land's End or do you ask for that? Would Lover's Beach be less crowded than Medano? We like to feel like we are the only ones there! And, if we decide to do a little souvenir shopping in Cabo, would that be better done before or after beach time? Is there good shopping close to the port? Thanks!

Lover's Beach is very tiny and there are no amenities there at all. Maybe a local with a cooler of beer! On the other side of Lover's Beach is Divorce beach which is on the Pacific. You cannot go in the water there at all but it is beautiful to watch the powerful waves crashing to shore. You cannot see the arch from Lover's beach, it is just around the corner. If you are looking for amenites, I would have the water taxi driver just take you for a quick tour out to Land's End to see the arch, sea lions etc. and then take you to Medano for the day.

You do have to get off the water taxi in a foot or 2 of water and especially at Lover's Beach that can be very difficult because the waves really make the boat rock up and down and you have to jump in and out at just the right minute so you won't get hit by the boat coming back down. There will be locals offering to help you in and out but they will be expecting a tip.

A water taxi tour and then a ride to Medano should be about $10/pp. Just the water taxi straight back to the dock from Medano about $3-$5/pp. There is plenty of shopping at both a new building right at the tender pier plus a huge Mercado with tons of individual booths right there too. Lover's beach gets very busy when there are cruise ships in town and it is so small that you will definatly know there are other people there. Medano is huge and your typical tourist beach with rows of resorts and beach bars.

Have fun in Cabo!:)

Not sure as we don't have any. Just make sure to negociate the price before you get in the boat. Despite what others have posted, I would not pay for round trip in advance. All the boats look the same and it would be so easy for them not to come get you for the return.

We agree with househunter - negotiate the price. We argued about paying RT ahead of time but water taxi driver finally agreed to a RT price (I don't remember exactly what it was) and he was there to pick us up at the appointed time. That's when we paid him the RT fare. This was for water taxi service to Medano Beach, not Lover's Beach. If you want shade, umbrellas, and food, you will not find it at Lover's Beach. We would do the boat tour of the Lover's Beach area and then get dropped off at Medano Beach for the day - a place called The Office - plus several other bar/restaurants with chairs and umbrellas are right on Medano Beach. Souvenir shopping is right at the port where you get off the tender. There is also a weigh station where fishing boats come in to weigh their catch and right next to it an area where they cut up the fish. It's quite fun to watch when the BIG fish come in. Enjoy!

Archived