Vancouver - Parking ? (One-Way cruise)

TessM

I'm cruising from Seward to Vancouver in June and I only live about an hour south of Vancouver. So, I'm planning to fly to Alaska from Vancouver.

Should I park at the cruise terminal and take a taxi to the airport for my flight out? (then, my car will be at the cruise terminal when we cruise back to Vancouver)

Or, should I park at the airport and then when I get back to Vancouver, take a taxi back to the airport to retrieve my car?

Has anyone faced this choice? If so, what did you do? -And, would you do the same again?

Thanks!

Tess

Weekly rates for the economy lot at YVR are $78 and the long term lot is $70. Parking at Canada Place is $18/day or $126 for the week. You will need a taxi no matter what you do and that will be $35 to $40. So it kind of comes down to what value you place on having the convenience of having your car at the cruise terminal. The other thing to consider is that you will likely have a wait for a cab post cruise.

If it were just a week, I'd go with convenience but since I'll be gone almost 2 weeks, the decision for me is easy. Park at the airport. I can spend the savings on something else.

Thanks for your help on this.

If it were just a week, I'd go with convenience but since I'll be gone almost 2 weeks, the decision for me is easy. Park at the airport. I can spend the savings on something else.

Thanks for your help on this.

You are welcome and sure can't disagree with the decision, that's what I'd do. By the way here is the link for the airporter which may save you even more money. http://www.yvrairporter.com/

Archived