Champagne on Board

*CruiseFan*

I know everyone is allowed 1 bottle of wine/champagne per person, however has anyone ever taken a bottle of Dom onboard? It's mine and my DH's first wedding anniversary and we got a bottle of Dom at our couples shower last year that we want to crack open on board on our anniversary in the supper club on the conquest. My MIL is worried that we will get it confiscated and suggests I call Carnival, but was wondering if anyone had done it before and can save me the time and effort of calling.

Dom fits in more with the definition of Fine Wines and Champagne then some of the boxes of rotgut people bring.

Please note their is a $15 corkage fee in the supper club and I don't believe the Sommelier is inclined to "forget" about it like the Dining Room waiters.

Dom fits in more with the definition of Fine Wines and Champagne then some of the boxes of rotgut people bring.

Please note their is a $15 corkage fee in the supper club and I don't believe the Sommelier is inclined to "forget" about it like the Dining Room waiters.

SO true. They definitely didn't forget about it when we took a bottle in 2006 on Valor! Then after you're done they sell you on a $16 glass of wine that is so good it makes you want to hurt yourself and buy more $16 glasses of wine. Damn those sommelier's and their smarts!

AWESOME about carrying on last March with no problem! Thank you!

I took 2 bottles into the supper club on our cruise at the beginning of the month. The sommelier decanted the 97 cabernet for us and we still didn't get charged a corkage fee! Then again, we shared with him and discussed wine for quite awhile too.

And yes, I also took on a bottle of Mumms (wait, 3 bottles? I must have lost count!) and they couldn't have cared less! We embarked on 3/5 on the Spirit so that is pretty current info for ya! Congrats on your anniversary!

I took 2 bottles into the supper club on our cruise at the beginning of the month. The sommelier decanted the 97 cabernet for us and we still didn't get charged a corkage fee! Then again, we shared with him and discussed wine for quite awhile too.

And yes, I also took on a bottle of Mumms (wait, 3 bottles? I must have lost count!) and they couldn't have cared less! We embarked on 3/5 on the Spirit so that is pretty current info for ya! Congrats on your anniversary!

Awesome!

And thank you! This year has FLOWN by!

Archived