Legend or Valor

jpg1747

Both ships are doing the exact same Western Caribbean cruise, but the Legend is $100 more. This is for November 22, 2009. Why the price difference and which ship would you choose? Thanks.

I don't understand why the Legend is more expensive than the Valor. :confused: I've been on both ships within the last year and prefer the Valor over the Legend although I had great cruises on both of them. The Valor is the newer of the two and is also larger than the Legend. If I had my "druthers" I'd take the Valor. It's a beautiful ship and just recently came out of dry dock where they added a few extras including the large movie screen on the pool deck. Rosie's Diner is a great place for cafeteria style lunch and they also have a deli for sandwiches and the Fish N' Chips restaurant one flight up from Rosie's. Fish N' Chips is one of those places that come under the "don't miss" banner. If you go there, go early in the cruise, because when people find out about it, the crowds start going there.

But really......no matter which ship you decide to take, you will definitely have a great cruise. ;)

hmmmmm...that's odd...don't know why the price difference. We took the Legend and loved the ship and the staff. I haven't been on the conquest class ships yet, like the Valor, so am not familiar. But I actually think the Legend was big enough for my tastes!

Great itinerary, though....you will most likely love either ship!:)

Both ships are doing the exact same Western Caribbean cruise, but the Legend is $100 more. This is for November 22, 2009. Why the price difference and which ship would you choose? Thanks.

Are you looking at the same category of room?

The only other thing I see is that the Legend leaves out of Tampa and the Valor leaves out of Miami. Maybe cruises out of Tampa sell better so they can charge a higher price? I guess technically they would use more fuel to cruise to/from Tampa also?

Are you looking at the same category of room?

The only other thing I see is that the Legend leaves out of Tampa and the Valor leaves out of Miami. Maybe cruises out of Tampa sell better so they can charge a higher price? I guess technically they would use more fuel to cruise to/from Tampa also?

And this is another good point to consider when deciding, is how easy it will be to get to the port and how the flight prices are, etc. Now that we are planning a cruise out of Miami, we are realizing it's much easier for us to leave out of Tampa (and cheaper).....

Thanks for all your comments. I read the reviews for both ships and decided on the Valor because it has my favorite 1A cabins. I booked cabin 2462, which is similar to the Triumph 2445 that I was in last November. I'm guessing that the Valor cabin has windows also. Does anyone know for sure?

I also chose the Valor over the Legend. Some people prefer the layout of the Legend but my husband likes the fish-n-chips. The price can change daily because if it looks like it is booking quickly they will raise the price and if it slows down they may lower the price. They are in the business of selling the ship out and making a profit.

Archived