Don't leave Grand Cayman without ______ Souvenir?

Dizzyfun

My wife and I will be in Grand Cayman in a couple weeks. We will be doing a shore excursion of stingray city, barrier reef snorkeling and rum point. If there was one souvenir you would buy in Grand Cayman, what would it be?

One overlooked souvenir I have found that I will likely buy is Cayman sea salt. It's considered to be gourmet salt and since I love to cook.......

oh- go to hell.

Literally. Postcards and a picture near the sign "welcome to hell" make for a great holiday picture card (if you have a warped sense of humor like we do!).

I second the rum cakes. I can also personally recommend the rum bbq sauce-fbought in the rum cake store as well. I am a bbq sauce junkie/collector. The rum cakes are excellent. They sample them so you can try all the flavors before purchasing.

I agree about rum cakes from Grand Cayman but do yourself a biiigg favor and sample Blackbeard's Rum Cakes before you load up on the higher priced Tortuga cakes that are advertised on every mass market cruise ship sailing the Caribbean, Mex. Riviera and Alaskan waters.

Blackbeard's rum cakes are made in Grand Cayman and are less expensive because the company does not pay the high advertising fees of the larger Tortuga company.

Have brought both brands back to family and friends over the years and those who have tried both all agree that Blackbeard's are far superior in flavor.

There should be a kiosk style shop in the shopping mall across from the dock that sells the Blackbeard brand. The little kiosk also offers free samples of their various flavors.

Dianne

A CD from the Barefoot Band -- best island music there is although some lyrics a bit on the risque side. They even have a Children's CD -- wonderful.

Kathy:)

Thanks for the info. I was wanting to get a CD of local music from each port to as a souvenier. We did this when I was 10 and went on a cruise and still love the music to this day! Always takes you back.

Thanks for the info. I was wanting to get a CD of local music from each port to as a souvenier. We did this when I was 10 and went on a cruise and still love the music to this day! Always takes you back.

The Barefoot Band is terrific; one of their songs is about a woman on a cruise who doesn't want to go home. Their songs are original and a lot of fun.

The Barefoot Band is terrific; one of their songs is about a woman on a cruise who doesn't want to go home. Their songs are original and a lot of fun.

Hey, that is my song!!! :D I will look for that CD while there. thank you for the recommendation!

Archived