Don't miss _______ souvenir in Cozumel?

Dizzyfun

I collect fajitas, but I never seem to get home with them.:rolleyes:

But there are other goodies like BruceR's vanilla, maracas, serapes, blankets, hot sauce ( I'm partial to Belize's habenero products). I try to find good wood carvings in every port. I have several from Coz.

We go a bit unusual in that we bring home placemats and napkins from all the locations that we visit. We have some brightly colored ones that we got in Nassau that remind us of the brightly colored buildings we saw there. We have some southwestern style ones from our trip to Arizona.

I wonder what we will find in Grand Cayman and Cozumel on our upcoming cruise.

Linda

We go a bit unusual in that we bring home placemats and napkins from all the locations that we visit. We have some brightly colored ones that we got in Nassau that remind us of the brightly colored buildings we saw there. We have some southwestern style ones from our trip to Arizona.

I wonder what we will find in Grand Cayman and Cozumel on our upcoming cruise.

Linda

You can get some neat stone napkin holders in Coz.

on dh and i's cruise this past weekend we bought a mayan calendar carved out of fishbone. not only does it look neat but their main day on the calendar (new years, if you will) is March 21, the solstis...also our wedding anniversary date!

It is found in most souviner shops and is about $10.00 per bottle. My mother swears by it she purchased it for the first time about 25 years ago while in Cancun and now it is always on my shopping list when I travel. The locals use this lotion as a tanning cream (no spf) but for use northerners it's a great after tan lotion. Just as a local in a shop they will point it out to you. :)

They used to sell turtle lotion in the USA but banned it about 20 years ago. My Mom used to use it, and I remember she was not happy when they stopped selling it here. Right about the same time they stopped selling turtle steak, though you can purchase both in Grand Cayman if you are so inclined.

Oh, I LOVE that idea! I've brought back some dishes from Mexico to put things like salsa in, they matched a platter I bought at World Market. My boys like the chess sets, but I haven't had any that lasted very long, pieces broke right away. Maybe we'll look for a nicer one this time. Hammocks are a good deal too.

Archived