Castel Sant Angelo question

Hi,

I hope someone went there and is able to answer this for me. I search many places and couldn't find the answer to this.

Is there a long line that one has to wait to get the entrance ticket?

If I can buy it online without waiting for hours like the Vactican , that would be nice.

Thanks!

We jut returned--but it was very off-season. I can tell you that if you are going a few days pre-cruise and are going to see other sites it is covered by the Roma Pass, which means you don't stand in line. My feeling is that there wouldn't be a line anyway. We walked right by it several times and it looked like the view from the top would be nice.

We went in Nov 07 and there was no line-up at all. We used our Roma pass to get in and the view from the top was awesome. The place was not crowded but there was a group of 3 people in their early 20s (I think they were pickpockets) who tagged along our private tour from time to time so we kept our purses close to our bodies.

Hi,

I hope someone went there and is able to answer this for me. I search many places and couldn't find the answer to this.

If I can buy it online without waiting for hours like the Vactican , that would be nice.

Thanks!

I was there this past July. There were no lines. I rented the audio tour & it was quite interesting.

Maude

DH and I were there in July 2006. There were no lines. There was a great view of the Vatican from the Castle. It was a great treat in the middle of a hot day. We plan to visit again this July.

Hi,

Thanks!

We are going this July. Last year we were there on a Monday and knew it was closed. We are staying at a hotel in walking distance.

What is the Roma Pass and is there a link? What is included?

DH and I were there in July 2006. There were no lines. There was a great view of the Vatican from the Castle. It was a great treat in the middle of a hot day. We plan to visit again this July.

That says a lot. We plan to go after arriving into Rome on a 2:00pm flight (after we eat). Do yu recall how late it is open, and how much time you need?

That says a lot. We plan to go after arriving into Rome on a 2:00pm flight (after we eat). Do yu recall how late it is open, and how much time you need?

Sorry, I don't recall how late it was open. I do remember that we spent maybe a couple hours there. I think it is something that you could do quickly or slowly. It was all at our own pace, and we just wandered. There is a store that sells drinks, ice cream, and snacks at the top, so we spent some time enjoying an ice cream. There is a bit of a climb up a ramp inside the castle once you go in, so be prepared for that.

• 2 weeks later...

You can search for Roma pass to find detail information. We used it this past November. It was worth every penny. It gives you 2 free entrances to a long list of museums or places. It also gives you 3 days unlimited access to the busses, metro and the tram's (like trains). We tried to purchase it at the FCO airport but they were out. We ended up getting them at the visitor kiosk near the Castel san Angelo, s hort walk from the Vatican. Since we almost exlcusively used the buses to get around, this was a great deal. And if we missed a stop, it was easy to get back on going the other way to our stop.

If you plan to use the busses, go to the rome bus web site and download the route map, including the metro. I then expanded it to show big print details and printed off section by section. I can't describe how useful this was and how easy it was to get around. Have fun!

We were there two weeks ago at Easter when Rome is packed with tourists. We visited at about 2.00pm and there were no queues. Can't tell you the cost as entry was free until March 31st. We just walked in and collected our free ticket from the ticket office. It's an interesting building and just a very short walk from the Vatican so possible to do these two sights in one day. Enjoy Rome - we can't wait to return.

Ros

Archived