Edocs- do you have to print all pages?

kmch

Wow, that's a lot of pages and we have 2 rooms. Do we really need to print everything or just the 'cruise tickets'? Are the tickets the only things you need to present when boarding? Do you have to print out your Advance Guest Registrations as well and present them at boarding too, or is that just if you didn't fill out the AGR's atleast 7 days prior? This process seems kind of confusing.

Thanks

I always print all my docs including a copy of my guest registration. Why not put 10 pieces of paper in your bag and avoid the 'we didn't receive it' at the time you board and there you are. Your ticket is a must, your registration (if their computer 'ate it') is a must and if something goes wrong (and it sometimes does) it's nice to have a copy of the contract for what you can and cannot expect (think lost luggage, etc). When you get to the end of the cruise just tear those pieces of paper into little ones and toss away.

Like mom always said, "better to be safe than sorry". And mom was always right.

As for having two rooms, only one copy of the contract is necessary to have with you.

Bon Voyage!

D Ann ;)

The thing about e-docs is that the actual ticket is electronic - that is, it exists in the computer, not on paper.

If you do not bring your e-docs with you, you will have no problems at all, provided:

• You filled out the advance guest registration correctly
  • You have a passport or other suitable ID
  • You actually have a reservation for the cruise

The reason you will have no problems is the agent at the pier can print out another copy of your ticket at any time. It's not like the one you print out is the only copy of it.

That said, I would print out the page that contains the Summary and Ticket for each booking, and one copy of the Itinerary. I would skip printing the long cruise contract - it's not like you have to sign it or can change it. That's just boilerplate legalese and is not specific to your booking.

i print my preregistrations...don't neet it, but it save answering a bunch of questions. i just hand it to the person checking us in, they do the rest.

the edocs...i only print the ticket page (for them) and the copy (for me). if you want to use those luggage tags, wait to see if you get the ones in mail 1st. you can read any of the edocs, any time..online.

the only person who has asked to see the ticket...the security person BEFORE you get in the building. once inside, NCL doesn't ask for it. (or hasn't asked me for it)

About three weeks after receiving the eDocs, we received an envelope from NCL. In it was a letter instructing us about the advance registration process, a welcome aboard booklet, and six real luggage tags pre-printed with our cabin number.

There was also a clear vinyl document holder that was a nice touch. No paper tickets are provided, though. We also did not receive the coupon books that some people do get.

If you bought NCL transfers and/or hotel vouchers, print those off too.

that's right; you will need them just in case, plus the first few pages of the docs. Other than that you really don't have to worry about all those pages. Mostly they are just information about your sailing.

Nita

• Administrators
that's right; you will need them just in case, plus the first few pages of the docs. Other than that you really don't have to worry about all those pages. Mostly they are just information about your sailing.

Nita

I agree -- print the ticket and any vouchers. Everything else please DO read -- that "mice type" is your contract and might affect what you think can/should happen on your cruise. Don't be another poster returning from their first NCL cruise here saying "HEY! They charge for soft drinks! You can't bring liquor aboard! They can change itineraries!" :)

What we did was print the ticket and vouchers, and burn the rest to a CD, which we stuck in our laptop bag -- we don't travel without a computer -- it's our portable journal, DVD machine, occasional internet access, etc. We knew we had the other junk if we'd needed it.

About three weeks after receiving the eDocs, we received an envelope from NCL. In it was a letter instructing us about the advance registration process, a welcome aboard booklet, and six real luggage tags pre-printed with our cabin number.

There was also a clear vinyl document holder that was a nice touch. No paper tickets are provided, though. We also did not receive the coupon books that some people do get.

Same situation here. However, my TA said I would get the coupon books from them (the TA) within two weeks of sailing. Not sure how you booked your sailing.

I forgot to print anything - and had no trouble getting on-board. I had pre-registered on line, and I had gotten the packet in the mail with our luggage tags, so we knew which cabin we were in. According to the lady checking us in - that all we really needed. Embarking was a sheer breeze!

Archived