Avalon Cruises

BigGuy25

We have taken two cruises with Avalon - the Danube and the Rhine. All aspects of both cruises were fine, and we were very satisfied with Avalon as a river cruise provider. For more detailed comments, you might want to do a search of this board for Avalon. I'm certain you'll find the comments positive. :p

I believe the search function is STILL:mad: not working.

DH and I cruised with Avalon, Budapest to Amsterdam last July and it was absolutely wonderful.A review was posted on here when we returned but I don't believe the search is working. There are many reviews of Avalon on these boards,all of them very positive.I really don't remember any negative comments on here regarding Avalon unless you count the one where the poster blamed Avalon for their delayed flight!:confused:

Avalon is owned by Globus and they know how to do things. You will have a wondeful time.It was the best,most relaxing vacation we ever had.I really look forward to doing it again and it will be with Avalon again.

Avalon has earned a great reputation as a river cruise provider since they started their operation in 2004. I can also confirm that I have enjoyed every aspect of their service.

They are starting a new cruise product in France this year on a brand new ship MS AVALON Scenery. I have read their program very carefully and am convinced that this one will be a winner, too.

Bon Voyage,

EURiverCruiser

We took the Danube cruise last year and loved Avalon's service so much we have booked its Tulip Time cruise this year. Nothing says satisfaction like repeat business. Just remember it is not an ocean cruise ... don't apply those standards to this form of travel and you'll enjoy it. I found Avalon's organization and service to be excellent. I wrote a review of my trip aboard the Artistry.

We have taken two Avalon cruises and were so happy, we have scheduled a third. We would travel the world with them, if only there were enough rivers!

I have absolutely nothing negative to say. They have top notch boats, service, food, and unlimited wine is included with dinner. Almost all tours are included in the price of the trip with only a few additional "optional" tours.

We are booked for mid-June on the Paris to Nice trip and, just today, I got an email from them with actual pictures of Scenery. Until now, it had only been an artist rendering.

I'm really anticipating this trip, although I must say I'm not on the very first sailing, as new ships must be like new houses with a certain amount of settling in necessary.

Anyone on the Maiden Voyage?

Hi WBrumel,

We are taking the Avalon Tapestry on April 13th-20th, 11 days to go!!!! I see you are going, what are your dates. I am very impressed so far with Avalon. We got all the tickets, brochures, etc. and if the trip is anything like the info we received it will be wonderful! So far so good. We did a Danube River cruise with Viking and loved it so I am sure this will be wonderful also. Will post when I get back.

Corinne

Archived