VB on Westerdam

momofmeg

Our cabin assignment is a VB. My daughter seems to think we will have a tub with jacuzzi jets. Sounds good to me but I wonder if she is dreaming.

We booked a balcony guarantee I think VF (cheapest veranda)-we went with a guarantee because when we booked our cruise back in Jan-there were only 3 staterooms in the VF catagory left.

Has anyone stayed in this class room on the Westerdam and can tell us what this room actually has.

I don't mind if we don't have jacuzzi jets. My tub at home has them and I rarely use it. LOL!

She's wrong! :D Tub - yes, jets - no.

Congrats on the nice upgrade! :)

The tub will be nice-easier for me to shave my legs!

Yes I am pleased with the upgrade but if I could have had a VF balcony midship I would have been happy with that too! We had just booked too late.

Yes I am pleased with the upgrade but if I could have had a VF balcony midship I would have been happy with that too! We had just booked too late.
But with a VF guarantee you could have ended up in 4005 thru 4042, with just the steel-wall railings! :eek: That's why I won't ever book a veranda lower than VE. :cool:

The VA, VB cabins on S and R class ships have jetted tubs as they are considered mini-suites but not on Vista ships like Westerdam that designate the SS Sy SZ cabins as mini-suites, but yes, the veranda cabins on Vista ships do have bath tubs.

GN

The VA, VB cabins on S and R class ships have jetted tubs as they are considered mini-suites but not on Vista ships like Westerdam that designate the SS Sy SZ cabins as mini-suites, but yes, the veranda cabins on Vista ships do have bath tubs.

GN

You're confused! There's no VA or VB on R&S class ships - just A through BC. ;)

But with a VF guarantee you could have ended up in 4005 thru 4042, with just the steel-wall railings! :eek: That's why I won't ever book a veranda lower than VE. :cool:

Well I did not know that-but as long as I can see over the raillings (surely they are only waist high) I would be okay.

That reminds me of when we booked Disney that one lone Dsiney cruise we took-we found out the cheapest veranda had cut out like thingies-so that it looked like a large port hole-for anyone looking at the ship-you would be out on your veranda but you had too look through the cut out to see anything-so we booked the next catagory up. Our tablemates that cruise, did not realize that, and they were very unhappy with their veranda.

GN

Meg got that from HAL's website tha tour catagory of stateroom had that and we are also supposed to have a larger veranda. It is called a deluxe veranda or something like that.

But, I will just plan on a bathtub and if we have more-then it is just a nice surprise.

You know maybe it was not a VF guarantee that we booked. Maybe those were sold out-because we had the choice of 3 staterooms on deck 5-but none were midship-and we figured if we could not get midship we would go for a guarantee.

Well I did not know that-but as long as I can see over the raillings (surely they are only waist high) I would be okay.
They're a little over waist high on me (I'm 6'0") ... like elbow high ... so I'd say they're 3'6" or so. What that means is that if you're sitting on the verandah, or inside your room, you can't see anything but sky. You have to stand at the railing to see much.

They're a little over waist high on me (I'm 6'0") ... like elbow high ... so I'd say they're 3'6" or so. What that means is that if you're sitting on the verandah, or inside your room, you can't see anything but sky. You have to stand at the railing to see much.

That would not bother me I don't think. We always have the curtains closed for the most part. we did leave the curtains open when we were out to sea 3 days this past fall. We were in the middle of the Atlantic so nothing to worry about -as far as privacy. We normally just go out on the balcony to look and ofocurse we do sit down and drink coffee there mornings-I guess that is when I would not like that railing.

But still, for the right price, it would beat an inside. So in the future I guess I may possibly would book that catagory. I do not have to worry about that this upcoming cruise I guess!

Archived