Kids Crew Questions

Garn

We'll be on the Sun a week for today, and I realized that there were a few questions that I haven't seen answered here (amazingly!), so I thought I'd ask.

1. When do you register for Kids Crew? It looks like it's open after the safety drill, but is there any way to "pre register"?

2. We're travelling with 2 sets of grandparents- is it possible to set them all up with rights to check the kids out of Kids Crew?

3. Do they have pagers or something so that they can let us know when they want to be sprung? If so, is there a cost?

4. Is it true that my 11 year old can't check himself out? Is there any way we can grant him permission to do so?

5. This is more specific for the Sun on her current itinerary, but supposedly there is one night when Kids Crew takes the kids to dinner- anyone know which night that is?

6. Anyone happen to have the Kids Crew schedule from a recent Sun sailing?

Thanks!!

Hi there - We were on the Sun last month. I can answer a few of your questions.1. I think the Kids Crew registration was just after the muster drill.2. Yes, grandparents can be listed on the registration to drop off/pick up.3. There are pagers available. We didn't use one, but I think there's a deposit you leave on it.....not an actual fee.4. We have a 7 year old, so didn't explore the signing herself out options. 5. There was a kids crew dinner night. I think it may have been Thursday.6. There was a posting on the boards last month that had the Sun's Kids Crew schedule. You might be able to search for it.Have a fun trip : ) I'd love to be going again!

My experience is from the Gem, but probably applies to your cruise as well.

1. When do you register for Kids Crew? It looks like it's open after the safety drill, but is there any way to "pre register"?

I don't think so. Just go during the first afternoon registration period, take the tour, fill out the documents.

2. We're travelling with 2 sets of grandparents- is it possible to set them all up with rights to check the kids out of Kids Crew?

Yes. They have to sign the forms too, so they should go to the registration.

3. Do they have pagers or something so that they can let us know when they want to be sprung? If so, is there a cost?

Not sure for that age group. There were phones given to the 2-5 parents.

4. Is it true that my 11 year old can't check himself out? Is there any way we can grant him permission to do so?

You can give him permission.

We'll be on the Sun a week for today, and I realized that there were a few questions that I haven't seen answered here (amazingly!), so I thought I'd ask.

5. This is more specific for the Sun on her current itinerary, but supposedly there is one night when Kids Crew takes the kids to dinner- anyone know which night that is?

6. Anyone happen to have the Kids Crew schedule from a recent Sun sailing?

Thanks!!

1. There is a very informative "introduction" session that is usually the first evening of the cruise. Short and sweet and answers your questions. (also you can register)

2.) You can sign any adult up to be able to sign your kids in and out. On our cruises on the Star and Dawn, my wife and I were signed up to also sign out my nephew and vice versa with my BIL & SIL. That way, any of the four of us (along with Grandma, also signed up) could sign both kids in and out.

3.) I believe the pagers are only for the parents of those who are not potty trained and therefore the parents must be paged to change the diapers. On the Dawn, my daughter was not feeling well one night and they left us a message on our cabin phone which we found when we stopped by.

4.) I don't believe that any child under 13 has the ability to sign themselves in and out. (at least that was what has been reported on this site in the past.) NCL is very strict with safety and security measures when it comes to Kids Crew and I know that they didn't use to allow it. (unlike some other lines.) Personally as a teacher, I think it is a great policy. A child under 13 should not be roaming a cruise ship alone anytime, especially when no one knows he is.

5.) On the Dawn and the Star, it was the third full day out on both ships, that may be a norm.

Thanks for the info everyone- I appreciate it.

I was surpised on Disney last year (our first cruise) that my then-ten-year was able to sign himself out, since I'd expect them to be the most restrictive.

I agree that as a blanket policy, some kids that age aren't old enough to be responsible, but I think it depends a lot on the kid. That said, I don't blame Norwegian- once one kid can sign himself out, there's a lot of pressure to do it for yours.

Thanks again!

Archived