Norweigan Dream Port or Starboard in St. George's

cruisingkimo

BermudaMom user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_12797516", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

The ship will tie with the port side to the town. The best side would depend on if the berth is the one right off the town square or the other further to the west. On the town square I'd recommend the port side but not so sure if the ship is on the other berth as the view there is pretty much across some roofs to a cliff on the roadside and more houses. The starboard side of the ships will have a view across the harbour to the Southside area where the airport runways are and an old boatyard full of old boats - not particularly appealing!

Not sure if my info will be much help to you but hopefully it gives you some idea!

BermudaMom user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_12797516", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

The ship will tie with the port side to the town. The best side would depend on if the berth is the one right off the town square or the other further to the west. On the town square I'd recommend the port side but not so sure if the ship is on the other berth as the view there is pretty much across some roofs to a cliff on the roadside and more houses. The starboard side of the ships will have a view across the harbour to the Southside area where the airport runways are and an old boatyard full of old boats - not particularly appealing!

Not sure if my info will be much help to you but hopefully it gives you some idea!

According to the cruise schedule (http://www.immigration.gov.bm/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_994_282_1765_43/http%3B/ptpublisher.gov.bm%3B7087/publishedcontent/publish/ministry_of_tourism_and_transport/marine_and_ports/dept___marine_and_ports___new_links/articles/2008_cruiseship_schedule_2.pdf) the Majesty will be docked at Ordinance Island, on the square I belive, while the Dream will be docking at Pennos.

• 3 weeks later...

Where is the Pennos shipyard? None of the books I got for Bermuda even show this pier! YIKES!!! :( I thought we'd dock at Ordnance (on the NCL Dream) but I see that little Majesty has it since it gets there on Monday!!

Here I thought we'd be central to everything in St. George's. Now I'm beginning to think we're not. Anyone have any ideas on a map to show the distance between the two?

Thanks!

.....Anyone have any ideas on a map to show the distance between the two?.......

Will a pix do?

http://www.pbase.com/joneruss/image/73683222

Taken from the Zenith, forward on one of the open upper decks. I am assuming the Zenith was tied up at Pennos shipyard but am not 100% certain.

SBtS

Thanks SBtS!

I had found an online Google Earth type of picture and I thought the pier was just down the road from the other one and that indeed was the case. I have never been to Bermuda before so I was thinking it'd be clear across the harbor or something. Thankfully it's not! :)

Thanks for the picture it confirmed what I figured from the satellite and thanks for the prompt reply!

In St George, neither side of the boat faces the ocean. The port side faces town and the starboard side looks across the harbour toward the airport.

At Kings Wharf, the port side faces Dockyard. The starboard side looks across the Great Sound to Hamilton in the distance.

Where is the Pennos shipyard? None of the books I got for Bermuda even show this pier! YIKES!!! :( I thought we'd dock at Ordnance (on the NCL Dream) but I see that little Majesty has it since it gets there on Monday!!

Here I thought we'd be central to everything in St. George's. Now I'm beginning to think we're not. Anyone have any ideas on a map to show the distance between the two?

Thanks!

Pennos wharf is about 1/4 mile after of Ordnance Island. About a two minute walk. Trust me you are still in the center of ST. George's.

Archived