How to get from FLL to Miami?

Vyhanek

We are flying in to FLL the day before our cruise on the Valor. We need to get a ride to our hotel in Miami. Do I need to make special arrangements in advance with a shuttle or are they available right at the airport? TIA.

I called ahead, but they told me just to go outside and find the stand. I did, paid then, and was in Miami shortly afterwards... I think it was either $16 or $18 per person. The FLL airport is pretty easy to navigate, shouldn't have any trouble finding the shuttle stand.

There is a shared ride van service outside the baggage claim area at FLL. $18/pp You might want to consider renting a car and you can return it near the Port of Miami. Avis is about $30.

+1

I would rent a car and make a detour to Sawgrass Mills before heading to Miami. :)

ok, you guys seem to be in the know...I had the same question. Am I understanding it correctly that shuttles from fort lauderdale to miami port is very easy to find and the cost is about $18 per person each way? Do they also drop you off at nearby hotels or just the port? How easy is it to get back the airport after the cruise? Does anyone have the name of the shuttle compnay they used?

Also when talking about rental cars? Which company and how easy is it to drop off the car and get to the port?

Sorry for all of the questions, this is just the last thing that I need to take care of before I cruise.

Thanks for any info.

Thanks Caesar for asking the exact same questions I had. My DH and I will be sailing on the Valor out of Miami but flying into Fort Lauderdale in September.

I know Carnival offers a shuttle service but its $30 each way, times 2. So if I can find a less expensive way to get to-and-from Miami I'd like to hear about it. Thanks in advance for any information.

We used a rental from Thrifty to get from FLL to MIA. One way rental for a mid size was around 35.00. They have a shuttle that will take you from the rental location to the port and vice versa. We found this to be the easiest and most cost effective solution for our family of four.

go to the departure ports section of cruise critic....there is a section for eastern departures and then specifically for florida. ask your questions about transportation there. One of the posters knows just about everything you need to know about the area and she will answer all your questions, if there isnt a post there that already does.

We used a rental from Thrifty to get from FLL to MIA. One way rental for a mid size was around 35.00. They have a shuttle that will take you from the rental location to the port and vice versa. We found this to be the easiest and most cost effective solution for our family of four.

where did u drop off the car and then how did u get to port (and how much was that?)

Archived