Hotels

Paulal

Hi,

Anyone familiar with "Peach and Quiet Hotel"? Trip Advisor has some very good reviews on it. It is very reasonably priced - so i am a bit suspicious. It sounds great though. I like the price- or does anyone know of any good B & B's- I am trying to keep within a budget and I am guessing there must be some "hidden jewels". I would like to stay not too far from the airport as I only have one day to enjoy the Island after my cruise. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"Hi,

Anyone familiar with "Peach and Quiet Hotel"? Trip Advisor has some very good reviews on it. It is very reasonably priced - so i am a bit suspicious. It sounds great though. I like the price- or does anyone know of any good B & B's- I am trying to keep within a budget and I am guessing there must be some "hidden jewels". I would like to stay not too far from the airport as I only have one day to enjoy the Island after my cruise. Any help would be greatly appreciated."

------------------------------------------------------

I remember this hotel as the old Arawak Hotel. It did OK in its day and then fell into ruin for 10 years until it was bought and restored.

Driven by but never inside. It’s not Sandy Lane, but still looks fine. Nice beach and a man-made lagoon for snorkeling + a pool by the sea.

I did a little checking and find it gets fairly good reviews. Some of the Brits don’t like it: “Too dingy” “Rooms too small and dark” “ Few amenities like TV, phone” “Too windy”, etc”.

Others love it. Fairly close to the GA airport, quiet, good food and very inexpensive for the location.

For the price, and just for a day, I’d give it a try, don’t see how you can go too wrong.

Now, the B & B’s in the GAP up to Bathsheba are pretty disappointing. They look like hotels that haven’t been painted in years. I think I’d try the P & Q.

I wish that I had a “hidden jewel” for you, but I don’t.

Please let us know what you decided upon and how you liked it.

I hope you have a wonderful time on the island. ;)

Peach and Quiet Hotel, Christchurch, Barbados

peach-and-quiet-barbados.JPG

Mr. Barbados,

Thanks for your reply and thanks for doing some checking. We just booked a room at Peach and Plenty. It sounds like a perfect getaway for one night. Who knows, perhaps we will have discovered a "hidden jewel" in Barbados, and revisit them when we have more than just one day. Thanks again for your help.

Paula

"OOPs!! I mean Peach and Quiet."

Whew! I had never heard of the Peach and Plenty...and neither had Google! Thanks for correcting that! LOL

Let us know how it was upon your return. I’ll just bet it’s terrific! :)

Archived