NCL Pearl June 15th

Arriving on June 11, renting a car through Budget for the 4 days in Seattle. Brother lives in Eatonville so we are visiting before cruising. Question is? Can we turn in the car at the port or do we have to return it to the airport? Does the Airport have a shuttle to the port? Also we have a reservation for a room at the Fairfield Inn @ the airport on June 15th and leave out of Seatac on June 16th. Is the Fairfield Inn a good choice or should we have made another choice? Thanks for any information you can supply.

Also what do you think about the weather in Seattle and then the weather in Alaska? I have visions of needing summer and winter clothes causing me to pack all I own.... Thanks again .....

Arriving on June 11, renting a car through Budget for the 4 days in Seattle. Brother lives in Eatonville so we are visiting before cruising. Question is? Can we turn in the car at the port or do we have to return it to the airport? Does the Airport have a shuttle to the port? Also we have a reservation for a room at the Fairfield Inn @ the airport on June 15th and leave out of Seatac on June 16th. Is the Fairfield Inn a good choice or should we have made another choice? Thanks for any information you can supply.

Also what do you think about the weather in Seattle and then the weather in Alaska? I have visions of needing summer and winter clothes causing me to pack all I own.... Thanks again .....

I can't help you with the rental car question, unfortunately, more than to say that the only company that has an outlet at Pier 66 is Thrifty, and their return is about a mile south of Pier 66 at Pier 48 (from which they have a shuttle to Pier 66). They DO show a location at 801 4th Av, which is downtown, but they do not have Sunday hours, which would cause me to theorize that you might not be able to drop off there on your sailing day, but would suggest that you check with them for the final word.

There is an airport bus from SEA-Tac to downtown, from which you could take their connector service to the Marriott (right across the street from Pier 66) or the Edgewater (right next door to Pier 66). More info here:

http://www.graylineseattle.com/airportexpress1.cfm

Otherwise you have the option of taxi, or Shuttle Express (van shuttle):

http://www.shuttleexpress.com

Fairfield Inn is a good airport property.

Weather here should be typical June Gloom....Cloudy or foggy and cool in the morning, warming to the mid-60's by afternoon, with still the possibility of some rain on some days. In Alaska, cool at night (40's) and 50's in the daytime, and still the possilbity of some rainy days. If you pack with the intention of layering, you will be fine with the same type of clothes for both places.

Archived