Shops near Miami port!!

Buddy L

We are arriving in Miami pre-cruise at approx 6:00pm on a Sat.

We are staying at the Marriot Biscayne Bay overlooking the port.

I've built my little list of things to purchase by reading these boards (Bonine, power strip, downy wrinkle release etc) but am I going to find shops within walking distance where I can buy these things? :confused:

Is there a shopping mall nearby perhaps? :confused:

What time do places close? :confused:

We are arriving in Miami pre-cruise at approx 6:00pm on a Sat.

We are staying at the Marriot Biscayne Bay overlooking the port.

but am I going to find shops within walking distance where I can buy these things?

Is there a shopping mall nearby perhaps?

What time do places close?

If you are staying at the Marriott Biscayne Bay, I would suggest taking a short cab ride to Bayside Marketplace. Bayside has some great restaurants, entertainment as well as stores you will find in malls back home including a CVS. I hve walked between the two but the area between them is not the best for night time walking. The shops, I believe, are open until 9:00/9:30.

Your hotel is located in the downtown area, and it is not heavily residential, so there are few shops to choose from, unless you wish to travel many blocks away. As the previous said, there are some in the Marketplace, but this is not a place to get staples as you mentioned, it is a bunch of giftshops and mall stores. I don't recall a CVS there, but it would not surprise me. There is a Walgreen's two blocks away from your hotel, but be sure to go there in daylight, as nite time is frightening.

Best bet: bring it all with you and begin enjoying your vacation from day one.

Its all well and good saying they have all the stores just like back home including CVS, but I'm from the North of England, I've never heard of CVS!!!

There are places near me that have only just got electrickery. LOL

Also I'm sure a lot of these products you can only buy in America.

Thanks.

As a resident of South Florida (between Miami and Ft Lauderdale) I can second the advice to not walk outside the hotel at night...especially alone. This is not a great neigborhood (though the hotel is fine).

The hotel runs a shuttle (or used to) to bayside. If not, it's a quick cab ride. Lots of good places to eat there too.:cool:

Archived