How do I get round this cabin dilemna

uktog

Already booked a Sky Suite for DH me and son 17 on Summit 1 April next year to celebrate the old half century. Now 20 year old has returned home from a spell with our military and might like to join us. Howwever, it seems he and his brother could not have a cabin together and us keep the SS. Is this correct. I am being offered a Royal Suite but the cost will double our trip just to fit one more in. It is hard to tell someone who is able to take juniors out on exercises he cannot look after his brother on the ship - is it insurance that is the issue?

Any ideas how to get round this - it looks like it might be slightly cheaper to ask his other brother and his fiance (aged 24) to join us and stick all of them in a lowest deck inside cabin, but from the UK the **** is the airfares

The reason for the age issue on booking a cabin is keeping groups of "young adults" without a responsible older adult from booking cabins. The issue is that the "young adults" are a higher risk of behaviour problems. Young adults let's not start the debate, I am not speaking of all young adults, it is just a matter of probabilities.

That being said, your case is not that type. Celebrity will allow those not meeting the age requirement to be in separate cabins from their parents provided the cabins connect or are "across the hall".

From the Celebrity website:

"No guest under the age of 21 will be booked in a stateroom unless accompanied by an adult 25 years or older. This age limit will be waived for minor children sailing with their parents or guardians in adjacent staterooms."

What you do is book your DH in one room with one son and yourself in the other with your other son then switch when on board. The staff will not say anything.

Your TA should be able to work this out or if booking directly with Celebrity ask to speak to a supervisor.

With boys the age yours are, I suspect that you personally do not need them close to you. Considering their age I think Celebrity will make an exception. You can always do the booking the way I suggested and switch when you get on board. Assuming your boys behave themselves your room staff will not say a word about it. To keep in touch with the boys, walkie talkies are great. Buy good ones, min. 5 mile type, with vibration. To keep other passengers happy use vibrate only and turn off the chirp.

Hope you get it all handled quickly. I am sure your TA should be able to help you. Have you signed up for the CC party yet? My DH and I will be on the same cruise on April 1st. Hope to meet you at the CC party(we have the minimum of 25 signed up, in fact it is 30) and find out what happened!!

Archived