Tipping? One adult, one kid

Lowie

I know that NCL's policy for tipping is that kids 12 and under only pay $5 pppd. but when you only have one adult and one kid in a cabin does the kid then pay the full amount?

we have 2 cabins for our upcoming cruise and don't want to stiff the staff. but i also don't want to have to wait in line at the purser's desk to add money if it's already there.

TIA

Children 12 and under pay 50% of the service charge, whether they be the 2nd of 2 in a cabin, or the 3rd or 4th.

We generally book 2 cabins for 4 of us, and our 12yo is always charged the discounted rate for the service charge.

I know that NCL's policy for tipping is that kids 12 and under only pay $5 pppd. but when you only have one adult and one kid in a cabin does the kid then pay the full amount?

we have 2 cabins for our upcoming cruise and don't want to stiff the staff. but i also don't want to have to wait in line at the purser's desk to add money if it's already there.

TIA

I have been on the Dawn twice with just my son and myself in the Cabin $10 for me and $5 for him :):) Gosh next cruise he will be 13:eek: think we should get another one in before his Birthday:)

If the service is good, you can always head down a day early and add extra to your account. Usually you'll know before the last night of the cruise if your steward is worth more.

When I've travelled alone or with just my girls, I usually tip a little extra anyway. I hate to see the steward get less money that cruise, plus I have always received outstanding service - ice every day, towel animals, extra chocolates some nights for the kids, friendly greetings in the hallway, etc.

Archived