Carnival Legend... questions and roll call!

AtoZgirl

Hello all my lovely cruise addicts. I will be crusing first my second time on the Carnival Legend April 20 - 26th. Cannot wait! We just booked a few days ago so it's wonderful to not have a long countdown like when you book a vacation farther out. Anyway, I'm going with some first time cruisers and this is only my second cruise so I have a couple of questions for those carnival legend groupies out there. Plus, feel free to let me in on anything I didn't ask. Also, let me know if you're crusing with us in a month, too!

Some important questions (I'l probably add more later because I'm a scatter brain sometimes):

1. Where do you all book your shore excursions at? I know it's more expensive to do it on the ship so could you let me know the websites you book for each port (Cayman (been there), Cozumel (been there), Rotan, and Belieze).

2. Whats been the earliest time you've got on the ship? And how far is the Tampa airport from the Carnival dock? And whats the best transportation to get from airport to dock? (kind of a multi question)

3. What should we do for the couple of hours when we're waiting for our room after we first board the ship?

4. First night dinner ideas?

5. Any important things to know about the Legend... any hints, secrets, etc?

Ok, my scatter brain is losing it's concentration... I'll be back for more later.

Here's the link to your Roll Call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=479017

Here's the link to the Legend thread....lots of info here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=548900

1. To book independent excursions, just go to the POC boards for each port and read about what companies others have used.

2. Don't know....haven't been on Legend, yet!

3. While you're waiting for your cabin.....eat and DOD's!!! Explore the ship!

4. Several places to eat dinner....take your pick!

5. See Legend link, above.

Have a great cruise!!!

Hi AtoZ, come join us on the Roll Call!

Depending on your cell phone provider, you will get charged per minute (probably a min. of $2.49/min). You'll probably want to check with your carrier first about whether they cover the countries we'll be in!

After reading a lengthy review of mine from my first cruise last June on the Legend (I had my 2nd on the Celebration last week) it will probably answer all your questions.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=580688

1- Out of 2 cruises I've had 4 excursions...3 were booked with the company in my review (Island Marketing LTD) and one with the ship. The one with the ship was the one I had a mini problem with. I paid for it on the ship when we got on and the next day when we went to do it they had down only one of the two of us as paid. I had to wait for them to fill out a separate form so they could double check me as paying for both. They realized I had already paid and there was no problem. I will say that another member of our group was feeling sick, he boarded the bus and then realized he would be too sick to continue and got off. Before we even came back from the excursion it was credited to his account.

2- We got on ship at noon and ate and explored until room was ready.

3- Same as above

4- 1st night is casual wear but our group of 10 decided to forgo our 6pm dinner time since we were going under the bridge. If you are eating at the later time than you are fine. I would miss it again if I was sailing and eating at the same time.

5-In review

We took the Legand out of Ft. lauderdale 3 times and enjoyed it every time. i love the spirit class ships. We are just back from the Miricale and like it as much or more than the legand. You will love the ship. Great food and great service on these ships as well.:)

Cmon! I know some of you have recent pictures of your voyage on the Legend. I'd love to see them so send a link my way.

Pics in my sig ... First cruise was Legend just a few weeks ago (WAHHH I WANNA GO BACK) and it was AMaZING.

Archived