Info about debarkation organization at Savona?

tcut

We're doing the 12 night Western Mediterranean cruise on the Costa Classica leaving Savona April 27th. I'm trying to work out return details to Milan and would like to know if anyone has any info on how long debarkation will take? How was organization? Is there any way to get near the top of those leaving? How punctual was the return?

This will be our 3rd Costa Cruise, and we've left out of Savona before, but that was years ago. Also, we used one of their shuttles to Nice then. I don't recall any problems, but read one poster (on another ship) who complained.

BTW, we love Costa and it was a first choice. Of course, we live in France and don't mind (actually maybe prefer) being a minority.

Thanks for any info.

We're doing the 12 night Western Mediterranean cruise on the Costa Classica leaving Savona April 27th. I'm trying to work out return details to Milan and would like to know if anyone has any info on how long debarkation will take? How was organization? Is there any way to get near the top of those leaving? How punctual was the return?

This will be our 3rd Costa Cruise, and we've left out of Savona before, but that was years ago. Also, we used one of their shuttles to Nice then. I don't recall any problems, but read one poster (on another ship) who complained.

BTW, we love Costa and it was a first choice. Of course, we live in France and don't mind (actually maybe prefer) being a minority.

Thanks for any info.

The disembarkation at Savona is very typical Italian "perfectly organised chaos".:eek: ;)

Will you be using Costa shuttle to Milan or doing it on your own?

The disembarkation times are all colour coded (luggage labels that will be placed in your cabin the day before). In the TODAY progam it will state where colour is to meet and at which time (i.e. in Threatre at 09:00). Then when your colour is call you can leave the ship, go to the baggage collect hall, find your luggage go through Customs and Passport contol and you are out. From the time your colour is called out until the passport contol could take about 30 minutes (depends how many people have the same colour and how long it will take to find your luggage).

If you have a colour that has to meet say at 09:00 it is no use leaving the ship at 08:00 as the luggage is unloaded accoring to the colour code schedule.

The ship normally arrives on time, about 07:00, time the ship has been cleared, disembarkation normally would start 08:00 to 08:30. But one can never guarantee that the ship will arrive on time, because of a force 12 storm from Barcelona to Savona we arrived 3 hours late. So it is best to allow a certain for for unseen circustances.

I would suggest that as soon as possible, once you are on board go to the Customer Service Desk and ask that you be put on the colour code list that will first leave the ship in Savona (ask what the colour is). To make sure you are on this list, say a day ot two before disembarkation go to your French (or English) speaking hostess and ask them to check their disembarkation lists (this will either be on a laptop computer or old fashion printed lists).

Hope this help, have a good cruise.

Any more questions - just ask.

Ron

organized chaos sums it up nicely. i only had one problem - i had pre-purchased a transfer to genoa which stated it left at 10 AM. i was given a color that said i couldn't get off until 11 AM. rather to stand in the VERY long line to arrange an earlier time, i just self-debarked at 9:15 AM. i stayed in my cabin until that time.

when i got to the bus they gave me a bit of static, saying i was on the 11 AM bus. i showed them my transfer voucher and insisted. don't know why they gave me trouble because there were plenty of seats on the bus.

Archived