Ziplining w/OkeyDokeyTours

cruisingwiththegang

Any of Charlie Soto's Tours will be delightful. He is a very good tour guide and very personable. Do not be afraid to arrange a tour from him for your day off the cruise ship.

You can contact Charlie Soto at his email address.... EMAIL okeydokeytours@hotmail.com

I am a travel agent and booked him for our group and we were able to feed the monkeys, go on a river cruise where our guide hand fed the crocodiles and had a full day of sightseeing.

Have a great time.....Judy

Thanks for your replies.

We are booked with Charlie Soto, we have heard so many good things about him.

I got an emailback from Jungle Breezes and they told me that there was only a few steps to climb to get to the first platform.

Someone in our group is unable to climb ladderlike steps for this will work out great.

Spent the day with Rey (tour guide) on what I think was the A-2 tour. Included plenty of Costa Rican beer, soft drinks, and water. LUNCH WAS INCLUDED, at a great outdoor beach cafe. Visited the Del Monte banana plantation, cruised the Jungle in a very private (small) boat. The "cruise" boat was large and unable to get as close to the animals as we did. We zip lined through the jungle. You maybe climb 8 steps to the first station. There are 11 stations to the bottom. You are a fool not to book a day with Okeydokey tours. Most people I spoke to on the ship were amazed I only paid $74.00 for the whole day. Most important, you travel in a private airconditioned van around 8-10 people.

We just got back, but our A2 was a bit more expensive and we didn't get any lunch. It begins with an 8 step ladder, but at the end, it's only one or two steps down. If you really don't like zip lining, you can quit at the second platform. There was a mother and 5 yr. old son that took advantage of this on our trip. We really loved this excursion, though.

We will be In Costa Rica in April and have booked with Charlie Soto for the tour with ziplining.

Can anyone tell me if there is climbing involved to get to the platforms or do you just zip from one platform to the next?

Hi

It depends on which tour you are on. We went from Puntarenas in December and it was a long, steep climb up to the first platform. It was up a steep path wearing a heavy harness in hot weather and took about 30 minutes! If we had known this we wouldn't have bothered with the ziplining - we all found it very disappointing. Also we were kept waiting at the zipline station for about an hour as another group had booked in front of us. We all thought it was a complete waste of a day.

The day was spoilt initially by Charlie not having arranged our trip and splitting up our group into 3 different busses. So maybe we were not in the mood for the trip anyway.

B

• 7 months later...

I just went with him a couple weeks ago. Depends what zip line, I went to Villa Lapas Zipline. There was extensive climbing up a path with wood cut outs for steps up, from the road. Once on the platforms, you do have to "jump" up to hook on some of the lines depending how tall you are, I'm 5' 8" and had to do so about 3/4 of them.

Archived