Insurance

sierrasmom

Hope this isn't a stupid question but:

The travel care insurance that princess offers does that not cover medical and also if you have to cancell?

That is how I understand, if not then what do they cover?

Here is the link to see exactly what is covered and for how much.

http://www.princess.com/learn/answer/pdf/travel_care.pdf

from Princess.com

Princess Travel Care includes Trip Cancellation and Interruption Protection, which provides up to full reimbursement for the otherwise non-refundable cancellation fees if you must cancel or curtail your trip due to eligible medical conditions or other specified causes affecting you, your immediate family members or your traveling companions.

Princess Travel Care and Princess Travel Care Gold also offers unique flexibility that many other programs lack. If you have to cancel your cruise for an ineligible reason - any reason at all - you'll receive from Princess Cruises a future cruise credit equal to 75% (90% with Princess Travel Care Gold) of the normally otherwise non-refundable cancellation fees. Our Princess Travel Care plans provide coverage for most medical expenses while away from home including emergency evacuation should illness or injury occur during your trip.

Here is the link to see exactly what is covered and for how much.

http://www.princess.com/learn/answer/pdf/travel_care.pdf

from Princess.com

Some interesting items in the policy. For example, lost/stoen luggage is not covered "while left in unattended vehicle" or "mysterious disappearance."

So if you give your luggage to Princess and it disappears mysteriously while in their care or on an unattended vehicle they use, this says the policy does not cover it.

Some interesting items in the policy. For example, lost/stoen luggage is not covered "while left in unattended vehicle" or "mysterious disappearance."

So if you give your luggage to Princess and it disappears mysteriously while in their care or on an unattended vehicle they use, this says the policy does not cover it.

I guess it's a matter of interpretation. If you give your luggage to Princess you are not leaving it in an unattended vehicle - it is under their care. If it disappears they lost it - no mystery to that.

I believe they mean if you put it in an unattended vehicle or leave it sitting some where and it mysteriously disappears.

Every cruise I tell myself that we don't need insurance - and every time I hear stories that change my mind and I end up getting it. We're both 60ish and have no real medical problems so I want it for trip protection mostly. I paid $200 for our upcoming 19 day trip (15 day cruise). It's worth the peace of mind.

Of all the scenarios you can come up with pro or con something else can always pop up. A couple of cruises ago Capt "Crash" Nash put the Diamond Princess into a concrete pier the last night of the cruise. We didn't make it to Victoria that night, but more important we had to limp back to Seattle - got in hours late, missed the last flight and had to stay overnight. Princess got us rooms, the insurance covered everything else.

Archived