What time should we plan on getting to the Ship??

lhegs

We are sailing on the Carnival Glory on 4/19. We are planning to stay overnight at the Cape Canaveral Country inn. We will have to return our rental car to Thrifty in the morning. What time should we plan on arriving at the ship? I can't remember from our previous sailings. We like to be on the ship early. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

Your documents will tell you when boarding begins, but there are always those who want to be the first ones on.

Of course, your cabin will probably not be ready and you'll have to haul your carryons around with you.

I like to get there early, but there's no point in getting to town the day before and then rushing around in the morning just to get to the port and sit around waiting to board.

I do like to be on in time for lunch, but there are often so many trying to board early that there's a longer line than later.

It's up to you. Don't get there at 9 am and think you'll be able to board, though. I've been at Canaveral at around 11ish and had to stand outside in a line with nowhere to sit.

We are sailing on the Carnival Glory on 4/19. We are planning to stay overnight at the Cape Canaveral Country inn. We will have to return our rental car to Thrifty in the morning. What time should we plan on arriving at the ship? I can't remember from our previous sailings. We like to be on the ship early. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

We drive over the morning of. We leave the house about 8 am - 830 am... we arrive at the port about 10 am. by the time we drop off our luggage, and then park, and get inside the terminal it is about 1030. we get in line to check in, usually stand about 5 - 10 min, after checking in, we find a seat in one of the few chairs there are to sit in, and then wait. As soon as we see that people are getting in line to get on board, about 11 am, we head over.

Normally we take too much to carry on, but I said this time we are only going to carry on my meds and equipment, cameras, and things like that. Everything else, will be in a checked bag.....

Including our sodas (pepsi, and propel water) will be in a hard sided suitcase and checked.

Last week on the Valor we arrived around 11:30 and walked right in no wait and we were on the ship in 10 minutes, ready for lunch and a cold drink. It was great. Our room wasn't ready until around 1:30, but we only had one carryon and the camera. So not bad at all.

Archived