When to be back on board?

derheld

Hi,

I am going to Hawaii with the Pride of America.

On Hilo I want to make a helicopter tour and I am considering the possible times.

NCL states that you have to be back on the ship 2 hours before it sails...

>>Disembarkation usually begins 2 hours after docking.

>>Due to security reasons, all guests must be on board 2 hours before sailing.

Is that really true, that means that I must be back at the ship something like 2,5h before? Or is this text just concerning the initial boarding?

I believe the 2 hour rule only applies to the embarkation port...the first port you cruise from. For the other ports on your trip, they will post a sign to tell you when to be back onboard. It is normally about a half hour before you are scheduled to depart.

Kauia is also a great place to take a helicopter tour. Hilo is on the big island and other than the big volcano, there isnt a lot to see by air. Kauia is absolutely gorgeous from the air...the Napali coast cliffs are amazing as well as all of the waterfalls.

Derheld,

Just returned from Hawaii aboard the POAL. You had to be back on the ship no later than 30 minutes before sailing at all ports. The 2 hour thing is for embarkation only, although we saw late arrivers up until time to sail. Probably waiting for those cruisers that had booked their flights through NCL. We were off the ship within an hour of docking and only about 45 minutes in the tender ports of Kona and Lahaina.

Have a great cruise,

Mac:) :) :)

Archived