Experience Denali Tour

amazingcm

No, this is worse than the NHT. This is Princess's "spend a lot of money to not see Denali NP tour", where they take you on a Princess bus to the Visitor Center at the Park Entrance and let you go in and see the movie, take you on a short walk with a naturalist, and then take you back to the hotel. I would not spend the money on a cruisetour which is essentially to Denali National Park, and then not even get past the entrance.

As Budget Queen says, it's like going to Disneyland for the weekend and staying in the parking lot the whole time without ever going inside!

We visited Denali several years ago post cruise. We docked in Seward, and were bused to the airport in Anchorage where we rented a car and drove to Denali. Lovely ride. When we booked our room in Denali, we had also booked a tour of Denali Park. The tour lasted all day and, being an animal lover, I adored it. We saw grizzly bears, caribou, foxes, etc., etc. We even ate lunch inside the park and got the opportunity to pan for gold. Somebody on our bus actually found a bit!

I think it is really important to go deep into the park or else you are missing our on the true beauty of the park.

This is a very poor choice and not even the worthless Natural History tour. I suggest you may want to rethink this and change your itinerary. I'm certainly you did not think you would not be getting into the park but you won't be. In my opinion, Denali Park is the highlight of cruisetours- with all that money and time you are spending, you might want to at least get what you thought you were buying.

For clarification, there is a lot of "tour" references in Denali Park- there is only the Natural History tour, Tundra Wilderness tour and Kantishna tour.

ALL others are shuttle buses which going independent is my only option. They are 1/3 the price of the tour buses and biggest priority- get farther into the park. Farther ALWAYS yields more scenery and wildlife. The reason you should be going to Denali Park in the first place. (my opinion only) :)

It makes me cringe when I see these posts and these itineraries by the cruiselines.

Archived