Hertz Rental Car Discounts

BobKat406

Not sure if anyone knows but I found a rental car discount code for Hertz Family members that gives an excellent 40% discount. Has anyone used the family member code? Do you need to provide them with an employee ID or anything like that?

Not sure if anyone knows but I found a rental car discount code for Hertz Family members that gives an excellent 40% discount. Has anyone used the family member code? Do you need to provide them with an employee ID or anything like that?

It all depends on the rental place. Iuse my AAA discount and have never been asked for ID or AAA card.

I have found Hertz caters mostly to business travelers, so their business is slow on weekends - therefore you can get really big discounts for weekend rentals.

Last time I traveled, about a month ago, I just searched online for Hertz discounts and found one that basically gave me 2 weekend days for the price of 1.

• 3 months later...

You've probably already been on your cruise and back but I'll reply in case anyone else has the same question.

I booked a car for 1 night in Ft. Lauderdale using the Hertz family code that I found on this website. When we got to the counter they asked me for the family certificate. Of course I had none and lied about who my family member was and where he worked. They got the manager and said they would grant it this time but not again without the certificate. For a savings of under $25, I would not do this again. I felt really guilty afterwards. All they can say is no and on a week long rental, it may be worth it for some. My conscience tells me not to do it again.

Jay

Archived