Labadee Arawak Aquapark waterpark

CRUIZIN SUZAN

Can someone clarify for me- under excursions in Haiti, they say the duration of excursion is 1 hour for things such as the slide, water-totters, trampoline, etc. in the Arawak Aquapark. What is the procedure for these activites? Do you need to purchase wristbands or tickets for each of the activities and is there a line to wait for your "reservation time"? There is a price of about $10 for each activity- so does that mean $10 for the slide,$10 trampoline,$10 water-totter for a total of $30 for 3 hrs of activities? How is the flow of guest monitored for the activities? One of our group asked me to put this question out there as we are trying to plan our beach day. Also- do you HAVE to buy an excursion in Labadee? I for one want to rent a beach mat for $10 which shows excursion time amount as "at your lesiure" and other than shopping, and do not want to do much else.

Thanks for any info you have to share.

• 3 weeks later...

April 11, 2008

This Travel Warning is being issued to inform American citizens of violent demonstrations in Haiti and to urge American citizens to defer non-essential travel to the country. Official Americans are restricted from travel to Haiti. American citizens visiting Haiti should consider departing as soon as circumstances permit. Americans in Haiti should remain vigilant in regard to their personal security, take commonsense precautions, and avoid any event where crowds may congregate. The violence may result in occasional limitation of Embassy operations to emergency services. Americans are also reminded of ongoing security concerns in Haiti, including frequent kidnappings of Americans for ransom.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_917.html

• 2 weeks later...

Again, re the Haitian situation, Labadee is a guarded, gated peninsula well away from the main areas of inhabitance. So until you hear something from RCI I wouldn't worry.

Regards your question, during our visit there in November, you are entirely free to wander around and enjoy the place as you see fit.

You certainly don't need to buy an excursion and could happily hvae a beach day without spending a penny if you didn't wish to.

The kids play areas I saw, whilst not visiting in myself (not through lack of encouragement from my better half as she is always telling me I'm a big kid!) they looked great fun for the little ones. I'd imagine from what I saw you pay your money for an alloted amount of time and they can play on all the facilities in the park area for that time. It's basically a group of inflatable slides etc in a protected bay area.

Labadee is wonderful and you'll have a great time, for more info you may want to pop a post into the RCI board for a quicker in depth response.

Have a great time.

mikepmcm posted this warning in every thread remotely related to Labadee and Haiti.

I appreciate the info, but if we were all to read the travel warnings for all places unsafe for US citizens to travel to, pretty much would have to stay home. It is just the state of the world today.

On a cruise, as with pretty much anywhere away from home, be watchful of your surroundings. I read on these boards many years ago that when travelling to many places in the world it is just plain foolish for US citizens to wear "american" clothes such as USA, a sports team, etc. It even went so far as to suggest US citizens wear Canadian logo'd gear as if that would somehow put us in better graces of those who wish to harm,maim, kidnap, etc US folks.

That is a bit extreme (and rather off topic), but I am resting easy knowing that RCI would not allow us to pull into Haiti and risk personal injury to its pax if the situation on the property was questionable.

Wherever you travel- be watchful, stay safe, and have fun.

• 2 months later...

I just had the same exact question. Is this fee for only one hour? I was just checking out the excursions as we will be on the Grandeur in August. This looks like a fun place for me and the kids :)

What if you just wanted to play around in the water when your time is up, is their a beach area for that, or do you actually have to pack up and move your stuff to a dift area.

• 1 month later...

I read on these boards many years ago that when travelling to many places in the world it is just plain foolish for US citizens to wear "american" clothes such as USA, a sports team, etc. It even went so far as to suggest US citizens wear Canadian logo'd gear as if that would somehow put us in better graces of those who wish to harm,maim, kidnap, etc US folks.

That is a bit extreme (and rather off topic), but I am resting easy knowing that RCI would not allow us to pull into Haiti and risk personal injury to its pax if the situation on the property was questionable.

Wherever you travel- be watchful, stay safe, and have fun.

It doesn't matter what you wear. Americans can be spotted from a mile away.:cool:

Archived