Formal Night Attire

onemorecruise

I did search for earlier posts and it looks like it's been a while since anyone has posted.

My best friend and I are booked for a get-a-way on the Ecstasy in May.

How formal is formal nights? Would a simple sun dress or business casual be okay? Would we be allowed in the dining room. On other cruises this would be something I would wear on a casual night, but without our husbands, why would we want to get all dressed up? Of course, any thing we would wear would be classy (I've seen it all on formal nights......on one cruise we went on a lady was dressed in a nylon night gown and matching robe for formal night........no kidding. My hubby said, "That looks like what my mother wears to sleep in....I told him, it was.)

I'm just thinking about excess luggage without the hubby's there to schlep them for us..

Thanks for any help.

As long as you look neat and put together, you'll be fine.... But at the same time, I found a GREAT dress for formal night for very cheap - it's one of those poly blend type dresses that you can roll up in a teeny tiny ball... no garment bags here! Best part - they really don't wrinkle!!

Archived