Aqua vs CC?

sbalax

Can anyone give me a quick comparison of these two classes on Solstice? We have enjoyed CC but are wondering about Aqua. I believe dining is in Blu instead of the main dining room? Is access to the spa complimentary?

Thanks in advance,

Frank and Norm in Sunny Santa Barbara:cool:

tratments are not comped. Persian garden and relaxation rooms are comped.

I am wondering if I can choose blu on a few nights and the main dining room on a few nights? Anyone know? I do not want to eat at blu every night.

tratments are not comped. Persian garden and relaxation rooms are comped.

I am wondering if I can choose blu on a few nights and the main dining room on a few nights? Anyone know? I do not want to eat at blu every night.

I spoke to our Celebrity vacation planner about this.

As our friends have an AC cabin and we are in a 1A Cat cabin.

I was assured that there will be many dining options on the ship for all to enjoy.( Lots of restaurants) Being in an AQ Class cabin, you are assured a seat for Blu.

We were told that the aqua class would be assigned to Blu as their main dining room.

My guess is that for aqua class to eat in the main dining room it would be on a space available basis just like Blu is for passengers not in Aqua class.

There are quite a few restaurants (don't know how many will have a fee - four are listed as specialty restaurants) so there will probably be empty spaces at both dining areas each night.

Hey All,

We booked AQ because hey, we are on the inaugural cruise in a new cabin type. How often does that happen?

Seriously we debated but decide to pop for the extra couple of hundred dollars. We normally book CC on deck 9 because we like the overhang. So this way we get the overhang as well as a new category. We are towards the back so there are rooms above us, no pool.

Actually the spa perks were not that enticing, it was the dining options that sold us. When I need to chill I just I hang out on my balcony.

Actually I recently checked online and to book a CC cabin now it is over $500 more than the AQ that I booked.

Right now it is worth it to us. Ask me in another 8 months :)

enjoy,

Duane

I booked the AQ cabin on our last cruise.

Right now, the CC are more expensive than what we will be paying for a AQ cabin. We are located in the aft part of the ship so we do have rooms over the cabin and not the pool.

I really like being on the deck below the pool deck, as long as there are rooms over us. It is very nice just to have one flight of stairs to the pool, buffet etc.

I did not know that we would be assigned to Blu. Is every AQ cabin assigned to Blu, or do you have a choice of going to the main dinning room?

Can anyone give me a quick comparison of these two classes on Solstice? We have enjoyed CC but are wondering about Aqua. I believe dining is in Blu instead of the main dining room? Is access to the spa complimentary?

Thanks in advance,

Frank and Norm in Sunny Santa Barbara:cool:

Frank and Norm,

I posted this press release excerpt on the Solstice Sticky thread above:

AquaClassSM

Simplicity and comfort are evident throughout the room, from the bathroom's fog-free mirror and tall jetted bodywash shower, to the robust pillow menu. Aroma scent selections tied to specific vacation goals (relax, revive, re-energize, etc.) provide guests with a multi-sensory experience, while lavish AquaClass toiletries and refreshing daily teas, juices and bottled water round out the offering.

AquaClass will comprise 130 of the ship's 1,425 staterooms, each double-occupancy only, creating the perfect grown-up getaway. Guests in AquaClass will receive unlimited access to Celebrity Solstice’s new AquaSpa relaxation room on the same deck, and the Persian Garden, an exotic aromatherapy and steam room. AquaClass guests also will have an exclusive dining room, Blu, an intimate, 130-seat specialty restaurant with menus developed by Celebrity Cruises’ culinary consultant, Blau & Associates, which operates upscale eateries for high-end hotels such as Las Vegas’ Bellagio, Miami’s Setai and Cabo San Lucas’ One & Only Palmilla.

Hope this helps with the AquaClass info.

Bonnie

Remember that a good part of Aqua Class is located directly beneath the pools deck.

Clever marketing. Take a deck that people tend to avoid and make it an upgrade based on access to the Persian Garden and the Spa Veranda.

And double occupancy only cabins meaning an escape from too many kids as well as access to Blu every evening. Sounds like a superb plan to me if they execute it well. Like a ship within a ship and with an adult focus. They could be on to something good:) .

Archived