Montreal

mamadot

We always do the roundtrip, back-to-back cruises so get on and off in Boston but our friends disembarked in Montreal two years ago. They sailed with us from Boston. They did a leisurely drive and stopped for lunch etc and I think they said they made it to Boston in about 6 hours. They said the drive was not bad at all and they had no problem or long delay at the border. (They travel with passports if that makes a difference.)

We always do the roundtrip, back-to-back cruises so get on and off in Boston but our friends disembarked in Montreal two years ago. They sailed with us from Boston. They did a leisurely drive and stopped for lunch etc and I think they said they made it to Boston in about 6 hours. They said the drive was not bad at all and they had no problem or long delay at the border. (They travel with passports if that makes a difference.)

I WISH we could do the back-to-back! Just haven't got that amount of time available.

Thanks for the report.

We are taking air from HAL and have a "forced overnight" because we are coming from Phoenix. I don't consider the overnight to be forced because I would have come in a day ahead anyway to see the city!

Hal's hotel thay have us staying at is the Delta Montreal. I think it is downtown - is that correct? I looked at the web site and it looks quite nice. Any info anyone might have to offer would be appreciated. :)

Do you have any idea how far it is to the port?

Where are our Montreal friends? Earl M, etc.??

Has anyone stayed here in the past?

Thanks! :)

Sorry you still haven't heard from any of the locals. The Delta *is* downtown, but it gets mediocre reviews on another travel related website. Wanted to look up guidelines before I posted that link. Outside links are reviewed on a case by case basis. I'm hoping this will be allowed, since not one else has responded: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g155032-d186653-Reviews-Delta_Montreal_Hotel-Montreal_Quebec.html

Earl M......

Please share your opinion about the smoked meat Deli's. The posts here about them have been wonderful and I appreciate the posters sharing their info. What is your favorite?

Montreal is well known for our bagels . in the past we had a contests with

New York , Toronto and Hamilton, We won hands down .

Deli's Schwartz is well known, There is always a line up day and night

Archived