guarantee cabins together?

LadySpoilt

This is only my second Princess cruise, so be gentle.;) We are 2 couples going and are thinking of doing the guarantee situation.

Having cruised Carnival 20+ times we usually do the guarantee cabins, and have always been linked (thus dining assignments have been together) and almost without exception our rooms have always been either side by side, or very close to each other. For you that have done the Princess guarantee, does this seem to hold true for Princess as well or not? I realize that it is not "guaranteed" that they will be together, I am just curious as to what "history" has shown in this situation.

I have read other posters reports that they have booked 2 staterooms under the gurantee and had them linked, so were able to get them close together. But I have also read where they ended up on different ends of the ship when booking guarantees also.

But, I have a question.

Since you don't pay anymore for choosing an assinged cabin, why not pick out the staterooms you would like to have? It doesn't save you any money on Princess booking a guarantee and if you go with assigned, you will be assured of getting exactly what you want in the location you want, right next to each other.

We have done this many times, (a seperate cabin for the kids) and it has worked out. Ask for the cabins to be cross referenced. As you said there is no "guranentee", but we have done this a number of times and have always been nearby, even when upgraded. We've even done it with different types of cabins, (Balcony and inside). Keep an eye on your cruise personalizer and as soon as you get an assignment, check to see if the others have too and where they are. If they aren't together, sometime the TA can do some shuffling and fix it.

Archived