Port of Miami - Hertz Rental

BobKat406

Reserved a car with Hertz using a great discount code found on the boards. The code is for family members though. Has anyone used this CDP before? Do you have to provide employee id number or something to verify that you are a family member?

I saw that thread with all of those car rental discount codes too.

I may be to cautious, but I like to know the stipulations of the codes I am plugging in. I would hate to get there and find out I have to show some sort of membership card or something I don't have in order for them to honor the discount. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

A little late reply, but I'm sure someone will find it helpful. I used the hertz family member code (CDP-1652960) at Ft lauderdale airport for a 1 way, 1 day rental to drop off at the Miami downtown office. When I rented the car at the arirport, they asked me if I had the family employee member certificate (or something like that), which I didn't, because I just wanted the lowest rate and checked on this board and found the code. Turns out it is 40% off. Anyway, I gave them a made up name at a location in another state and they said they would honor it this time, but would need verification next time.

So at least this time, they did want some proof. Afterwards, I felt really guilty for lying and saving a whopping $22. Obviously there might be more incentive for a week long rental. Next time, I'll just pay.

They were very nice at the airport and at drop off in downtown by the port. The downtown office is extremely small and the AC didn't work very well, if there even was any. I waited about 20 minutes to get the car checked back in and the shuttle van to the port already had my luggage and family waiting inside for me.

Jay

Archived