Live from Jewel of the Seas 09/28 Canada / New England Sailing

mad...

glad to hear that you enjoyed riding the rapids!

my presumption is that you guys are in portland today? hope you have a great time in portland. hopefully you got a chance to go to kennebunkport!

are you doing any post cruise stay in boston or flying back directly to germany?

can't wait to see your pictures when you get home!

I´ll fly home tomorrow. And yes we´ve been to Portland today and are almost leaving. I´ve been to Kennebunkport. Really a lovely little town. I enjoyed that one too.
Many trees are still green, but we saw some colour changing.

Now I have to pack, unfortunately. But of course I´ll post back when my pics are online.

:confused: Hey Madforcruising,

Thank so much for posting about the cruise. We are going on the 18th and have several questions. We usually cruise in the Caribbean so we are not sure what clothes to bring to be on the ship. How was the temp on the ship when you were sailing? Also is the smart casual nights what they used to call the Semi-Formal nights? What nights were formal nights?

I am so glad you had a great time. And thanks for answering my questions,

CasaSmith
:confused:

PS was the internet connection slow?

Pumbaand:
Can´t tell you anything about Chop´s or Portofino´s. In my eyes the food in the Dining romm is so good that there is no need for me to pay any additional fee to get dinner.

CasaSmith:
Not sure about you temp question. Do you mean the temp. inside the ship? Inside the ship it was quite warm, short sleeved shirts, T-Shirts have been fine. Outside of course it was sometimes chilly. I would back some sweaters, a Jacket and a windbreaker too. Best thing is to cloth in layers. We have been lucky and had good weather in every port, although chilly sometimes.
Yes smart casual is semi-formal. There are three formal nights and two semiformals.
Formal:
Bar Harbour (Day 2)
At Sea (Day 5)
At Sea (Day 8)
Smart Casual:
Halifax (Day 3)
Saguenay River / At Sea (Day 7)

Internet was between 45,2 and 46,6 kbps.
For me, used to DSL, this seemed to be very slow. It´s also sometimes hard to get connected.

• 4 weeks later...
It took a long time but finally I have finished my review now.
The Photoreview is on my [url="http://www.gwall.de"]website.[/url]

It´s also posted at CC (no Photos here):
[url="http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=7196"]http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=7196[/url]

Your comments are appreciated and you are invitd to use my guestbook.

Archived